"I'm sorry baby, but it was for your own good. I don't want you to worry about me." She tells me while rubbing my arm.

"So Brody was here for you?" She asks as I nod and rub her hand. "I went and got him and he came right over, he carried you to his truck and tried to drive here but the roads were backed up. So he made me go to the drivers seat and he took you in his arms and ran a whole mile here." I whisper as her eyes bulge.

"Anyone who would do that for your mom, imagine what he'd do for you." She tells me as I nod.

"I knew he was the one when he was running away with you. It hit me that he's going to be that guy, and then I got sick and he held my hair back for me to vomit in the women's bathroom, and helped me wash my face and mouth." I tell her as she grins.

"I want to see you marry him before I go, and maybe if I'm lucky, I'll meet a grandkid." She tell me as I shake my head no. "You aren't dying" I demand as she holds me. I don't want kids or marriage yet but with my mom's condition and the fact that she wants that before she goes, I don't know.

"I want to make sure you're in good hands before I go, and even if you don't marry Brody, I'll know you'll be okay just marry a good man" she tells me as I nod and hold her.

"I love you mom. We're going to pray the next treatment works" I whisper wiping my tears as she nods and I kiss her forehead.

"I love you to baby, I'm going to be okay. Don't you worry about me." She whispers while I hold her in my arms and pray for a miracle. I hope she's okay, I really hope she makes so long. I want her to see me get married and I want her to be happy, I want that and I'm running out of time. She just doesn't know that I don't want children. I don't want them at all.

I'm not Brody's problem, and for that, I feel like I have to let him go. I can't pressure him into something so fast, I can't. I'll just be his friend, and marry some guy online so she can see me married, and then I'll divorce him, just to make her happy.

But I will not be happy in the process, I want Brody.

~~~~

Brody's POV

I have no idea what to get Gemma to eat. The whole menu at this food place downstairs is Subway sandwiches but I don't know what she wants. I'd say chicken but the shit looks nasty as hell.

Then my phone starts vibrating and it's my mom. "Hey mom" I answer walking out of line as I see and empty table and sit down. She's on FaceTime right now, and I think she misses me a lot more than she'd like to admit.

"Hi honey, what are you doing?" She asks as I tell her everything that happened this morning and what's going on right now. She looks shocked as I tell her about Gemma's mom.

"But it's more complicated, I asked her to be my girlfriend last night after we had a date and mom I really like that woman." I tell her as she nods.

"Brody honey, what are you going to do?" She asks as I shake my head no. "I'm trying to get her a sub sandwich right now and I don't even know what she wants." I tell her as she laughs.

"Get her ham, turkey, American cheese, bacon, tomato and lettuce. Put the condiments on the side and get her a chocolate chip cookie. That's your sisters order and she's the most plain person I know." She tells me as I smile. I write it all down in the notes on my phone as she looks at me.

"When can I come and see you?" She asks while I hear the alarm to my house go off and see Brogan walk in behind her. He waves to me as I wave back and talk to mom.

"Honestly whenever you want but I don't want dad worried about you and I know he's going to want to come with you". I tell her as she rolls her eyes.