017. THE ALLIE TO HIS NOAH

𝟏𝟕. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐀𝐇
( CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

               "Who's your perfect harmony Inds?"

I had two options. One being to run away and hope that I would somehow be fast enough to outrun Luke and in a miraculous chance of fate, he would forget about it, or two, tell him the truth and confess that I was a utterly and disgusting in... some form of infatuation with him.

Option one had a zero percent chance of happening so I was left with telling the truth.

The truth being that I liked Luke. I like him a lot. In a way I barely comprehend in words but I know the feeling. I didn't laugh at his jokes the same way I did with Reggie and I couldn't imagine gossiping with him the way I did with Flynn and Alex. I didn't feel the bond that I felt for Julie and the rest of the Molinas.

Instead I felt like I was walking on air with Luke. The colors seemed to be brighter. To me he glowed, he was golden. A beacon that always shined on me when needed and held me tight. I don't know when, but Luke became my yellow through it all.

Maybe he always was and I was too scared to admit it — which could be true considering I've always adored his stupidly cute face — but now I know for certain.

No more running away.

"If we're gonna do this right now I need you to promise that you'll let me say everything I have to say before you talk alright?" Pulling myself out of my inner monologue, my eyes flicker up to Luke's. He had been staring, I knew that well enough but he didn't seem phased at me catching him. He stood on the other side of the room, the folded sheet of paper clenched in his hands.

The Luke I knew wasn't serious, and when he was, it only applied to music. Outside of that Luke would be laughing, joking around to keep the air light because he was horrible at dealing with peoples emotions and hated when people cried — which was questionable considering how he treats me but I suppose it's an exception.

Point being, Luke was the embodiment of a puppy. A ball of energy that lit up the room and stumbled over his words when he got too excited or nervous. Serious Luke was not one I was familiar with as he rarely came out.

But that's who's I seemed to be dealing with. Which definitely doesn't help the fact that I felt like I was going to pass out already.

"I promise," Was all Luke replied with. His features were passive, I couldn't read an ounce of what he was thinking but I suppose that was his intent. Gesturing for me to continue speaking, Luke leans against the doorframe that led to the kitchen with his arms crossed.

The movement caused my attention to be brought to his arms that were exposed in his sleeveless top and flexing in the slightest of ways before I snapped my gaze down to the floor. Pull yourself together.