016. PERFECT HARMONY

𝟏𝟔. 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘
( CHAPTER SIXTEEN ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                "I've got a spark in me, hands up if you can see," Ray begins to sing, looking up from the eggs he was cooking to give me a smile

                "I've got a spark in me, hands up if you can see," Ray begins to sing, looking up from the eggs he was cooking to give me a smile. "Come on Indie,"

Holding back a laugh, I look to Reggie who stood beside an unknowing Ray and nod. The both of us join in on his rendition of the song. "When you're a part of me, hands up if you're with me. I got a spark in me, hands up if you're with me,"

"Hands up, yeah," Reggie nods, going along with the lyrics just as Julie stepped into the kitchen.

Looking between the three of us, she smiles holding onto the black dress she would use later on during her dance class. "This is new,"

"Yeah. I was in the mood for cooking some breakfast and Indie got up early so we've been hanging out," Ray explains gesturing to us. Putting down my fork and plate, I walk to the sink to wash the dish as Reggie giggles.

"He thought you were talking to him," Reggie says while Julie does her best to acknowledge him without setting off Ray. "Me and your dad are pals now. It's a little one-sided, but it works,"

"Look, after the talk we had the other night, I was thinking that I may have cost you two an opportunity with that manager," Ray begins again with a gesture of his hands. "So, I was thinking—"

"Dad, no, we should've never snuck out," Julie interrupts with me nodding along.

"It's our fault for lying," I chime in.

"Let the man speak. He's been stress eating all week. I don't know where he puts it though. It's, like... firm," Gesturing to his stomach, Reggie circles his hands around Ray who only let out a sigh. Raising a brow, I go to pick up my bag and sling it over my shoulder.

"I know, but I really want to support your band, so I, called in some favors, and I booked you a local gig," Ray announces happily. Sharing a look, Julie's eyes sparkle in delight.

"Best dad ever! What?" Reggie says.

"Oh my gosh. Where? Did you call your buddy from Drakes?" Julie asks quickly, her excitement evident and my eyes widen. Did she say Drake?

"Not quite," Ray winces slightly. "I called Flynn, and she's gonna help us throw a party. Here. Tonight,"

"Oh!" Julie drawls out. "So you booked us a gig at our house," She says slowly, still smiling for Rays sake but the disappointment from the idea of Drake compared to the backyard was seen.

"Maybe I was early with the "Best Dad Ever" award," Reggie mumbles.

"All right. Hear me out," Ray puts together, already knowing what Julie was thinking. It's the thought that counts. "You invite some of your friends over, you play with your band, and I'll get some of my colleagues to put you on film. That way, you have something profesional for your YouTube,"