004. CHEERIOS

𝟎𝟒. 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐒
( CHAPTER FOUR ) - 𝐋.𝐏.

                    Luke was stuck

Luke was stuck. We'd been standing around the curve of Sunset Boulevard for a good five minutes. He hasn't said a word, just looking straight ahead at all the passing people.

He still held my hand, squeezing it every passing minute to make sure I was still beside him. It was like he was scared to let go. Not that I'm complaining but my hands were getting clammy. Having sweaty hands and holding onto a cute boy isn't exactly ideal. Even if he is a ghost.

"Luke," I mumble, nudging his side softly. Seemingly snapping him out of his gaze, he blinks before turning to me. Humming as a response, he shifts uncomfortably. "If we're going to stand here, do you mind if we switch hands? The feeling of clammy palms is not exactly ideal,"

Luke laughs at this, a breathy chuckle leaving his lips before he nods. My aim was really to get him to switch hands but the smile that came along with it was worth it.

Holding up my left hand, he places his right into mine. Lacing our fingers together, he gives them a second glance before dropping my right hand that he previously held.

"You know we're going to have to let go at some point right?" I ask softly, noticing how he scrunched his nose but nodded.

"I'm just scared of this being a one time thing," Luke mumbles out. "What if it works now but never again after that?"

"Well I guess that's just something you have to decide. Are you willing to take the risk to be alive... ish, even if it's just for a few moments?" I question, peering around the corner that had a fair amount of tourists walking through enjoying their days. "I'll go out and stand beside you for however long your ghost heart desires, it's up to you Luke,"

Taking a deep breath, he hesitates. Eyes flickering between the crowds of people and back to me a few times before he nods. After his small tilt, I move first, our interlaced hands causing him to follow in suit behind me.

"How do I do this?" Luke whispers, practically glued to my side as we walked down the boulevard. Already there were people around, LA is a busy city after all so it wasn't surprising.

"Just.. try bumping into someone," I suggest, nodding toward an older couple standing slightly off to the side but still in the way of the foot traffic. With the mans back turned to us, I nudge Luke who shifted his path to get closer.

Facing forward, we walk together side by side. Softly bumping his shoulder, Luke nearly trips over his own to feet. Whipping his head at me, his eyes were wide with surprise and a grin on his lips.

"S-sorry!" He stutters out to the man who simply gave him a nod in return. Pulling us away, Luke was practically skipping before he stopped us along the wall of a shop to be out of the way. "It worked! He saw me! I touched him, Indie, and actually talked to him!"