001. GHOST TOUCHES

𝟎𝟏. 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒
( CHAPTER ONE ) - 𝐋.𝐏.

                    "Where you headed this late, kiddo?" Ms

"Where you headed this late, kiddo?" Ms. Daniels asks, her hands folding a black shirt that she held. Freezing at the sound of her voice, I slowly turn to send her a small smile. Why is she doing laundry at 11 at night?

"Ran out of a few things. Just stopping by the store and I'll be back," I nod. She gives me a worried gaze, peering down momentarily at her left wrist, she frowns further upon checking the time.

"Are you sure you want to go this late hun?"

"I'll be fine Ms. D," I smile, waving her off. It took her a second, her eyes scanning over me as I did my best to seem throughly okay, before she let out a sigh in defeat.

"Be careful," She warns. Humming back, I wave and she returns the gesture before allowing me to walk away, disappearing from her view at the laundry mat doorway. Nice lady, I'll miss her.

Letting out a breath, I adjust my bag before pulling up the hood of my hoodie. Pushing open the apartment gate, that truly had no purpose other than decore considering it was always broken, I cringe at the rusted creek that filled the air.

Slipping past the gate, I look around the area. Squinting to see the best that I could, the only light came from a lamppost that flickered occasionally further down the street.

Following the main road, I keep my head down as I walk down the middle of the street. Making sure to avoid the sidewalk in hopes of staying out of everyone else's business, I turn the left corner at the end of the street.

Two blocks.

Two figures came into view through the lamppost lights. Speeding up slightly, my eyes stay glued forward. Don't look at me. Don't look at me. I'm minding my business. Don't look at me.

From the corner of my eye I could see one of the two perk up. Shifting in my direction causing me to wince. Damn it. Adjusting the bag, I move faster, picking up a jog for a few seconds before moving to a run. Turning a right, I came around the corner. Street lights filled the area more which inherently allowed for less people to lurk in the shadows.

One block.

Looking back, I slow down seeing as the figures didn't follow from before. A sigh of relief left my lips. Hearing the swig of liquid in the bottle, I shift my bag once more to stop the noise. A small smile quirks at my lips as I turn the final corner.

The main strip was lit up, lights shining bright throughout the area and the streets packed even if it was nearing midnight. Hollywood never seemed to stop buzzing with life.

Pulling off my hood, I take in the sight. Smiling occasionally to passing people, some returning the gesture with others completely disregarding me. It didn't bother me though, the sight nervousness bubbling in the pit of my stomach mixed with excitement kept me occupied.