008. MOROSIS

𝟎𝟖. 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐒
( CHAPTER EIGHT ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                    "Julie I'm sure she's fine, try texting her again,"

"She's not responding to my texts," Julie huffs, holding up her phone to display the series of unanswered messages she sent to Flynn. "I don't know what to do,"

"Cool down for a minute. Maybe she just needs time to think, call her in an hour," I suggest, attempting to calm her down but Julie just pouted to herself. "You need to eat, let's go make you a sandwich or something. I'll walk with you afterwards to her house if you want,"

"Fine, but you have to eat with me," She wages, waving a finger at me.

"Jules I'm fine, I sort of ate all your oreos last night. Don't want to steal the rest of your food," I shrug, passing up the offer.

"We can always buy more oreos," Julie waves me off. "Seriously Indie, Luke would kill me if he found out that I didn't get you to eat today,"

What.

"And why's that exactly?"

"I mean, nothing really. He says, um, that it's important to have three meals a day and stuff. So obviously we both had to eat duh," She sputters, sending me an overly compensated smile.

"You're shit at lying," I snicker. "What did Luke tell you Julie?"

"He might've.. maybe.. mentioned a few things about your mom.. and how you'd be eating cereal with water? He didn't say much," Julie was speaking in a slower tone, attempting to figure out the best way to word this before sighing. "Okay that's a lie. He told me everything, including why you two met. I know you're probably mad but he was just trying to be nice and look out for you! He meant well and I'm sorry I lied but I just didn't think you'd want me to talk about your business and I was just gonna wait until you were comfortable enough to tell me yourself... which sounds bad too. I also told my dad some stuff so he could let you stay last night. Basically I don't know how to keep my mouth shut as we can tell and I'm really really really sorry Indie,"

She was rambling. It would've been adorable in any other situation but I was already upset. In hindsight, this was a small, insignificant thing. I understood that Julie would've found out eventually and her dad is her dad, they communicate, I shouldn't be bothered.

But I am. And I want to kill a ghost.

"Julie," I start, cutting off her awkward spur of words that I managed to drown out. In a second, she stopped, hands fiddling as she shrunk back, her demeanor seemingly expecting me to blow up at her. "You can stop freaking out, I'm not mad,"

"Wh-what? You're not mad?"

"Not at you, no," I explain. I am mad at Luke and his big mouth for spilling an overly dramatized story of my life though. "We're okay. Don't worry, thank you for telling me,"