013. PERFECT FOR YOU

𝟏𝟑. 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔
( CHAPTER THIRTEEN ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                    "So you guys actually throw dances like you're in a movie,"

"What?" Julie laughs, turning to me with a curious look but I gesture out to the display of decorations that my old schools wouldn't have remotely bothered to put up. "Oh... yeah the decorating committee sort of has a decent budget. Wait until you see Prom, that's on a whole other level,"

"Good to know," I snicker just as she nudged my shoulder. Following her gaze to wherever she was gesturing, my eyes trailed through the crowd of people before landing on Ricky.

He was by the food table, handing out cupcakes to a group of girls who were obviously there for him rather than the dessert. "Might want to go steal your man before they do,"

"Not my man," I correct, giving her a pointed look as she shrugs innocently. "I thought you wanted Luke and I to get together?"

"I do, but Ricky Bowen wouldn't exactly be a bad thing either... plus he's alive and not technically forty-something," Julie explains causing me to grimace.

"They have the mentally of 5 year olds, never say that again,"

"It's true," Julie sing-songs before adjusting her bag and beginning to walk away. "Be back before 9 please!"

"I will," I reassure just as she moved her way to the crowd that was dancing along to the music Flynn was currently DJ-ing. A smile falls on my lips as I watch her work, moving to the music happily and interacting with the crowd as she did her mixes. Julie had reached the stage at this point, Flynn bending down to greet her and I could see the two of them talking.

It took a second before she met my eyes, waving enthusiastically to which I returned the gesture but then she looked to Ricky. Pointing to him in a more than obvious manner, she winked and gave me a thumbs up causing me to roll my eyes.

Deciding to stop standing in the corner, I slowly make my way toward the concessions table. Ricky was in the same place, a blue forested cupcake in hand as he was handing it to a new set of girls. It was like a never ending cycle.

"Here you go," Ricky smiles politely, handing off the last one. As soon as they turned around, his face fell to a look of annoyance causing me to snicker.

"They can't get enough of you," I tease, making my presence known and almost immediately, he whirled around to face me.

"Oh thank god you're here!" He sighs, immediately taking off the disposable gloves on his hands and tossing them in the bin. "Let's go,"

"Just like that? You sure you don't wanna stay? The cupcakes are unattended and all the people who came specifically to see you will be devastated," I pout, gesturing around to the pairs of eyes watching him curiously. "Dude it's like you have your own fan club,"