012. JEALOUS

𝟏𝟐. 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒
( CHAPTER TWELVE ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                    "So tell me, you and pretty boy together yet?"

"Flynn," I groan, looking to Julie for help but she just shrugged in response. "Don't call him pretty boy... and nothing is gonna happen between us! Leave it alone,"

"I see we're still in the denial phase," Was all she said, the comment directed to Julie. Rolling my eyes, I begin to walk away but the two follow me to my locker. Hearing a shrill from a phone, Julie slips hers out of her back pocket and reads over the notification.

"Hey Indie, pasta or hamburgers?" She asks, already typing on the keyboard causing me to raise a brow. "It's for dinner, my dad wants to know cause he's at the store," She explains as she looks up.

"Whatever you want," I reply while she nods. "I still feel like I should—"

"Nu-uh, don't start arguing about going home to your apartment. We already talked about it, my dad would rather you stay with us until your mom gets back. It's safer that way and not a big deal," Julie interrupts, cutting me off with a pointed look. "We all want you around, try to stop overthinking it,"

Not bothering to argue, a small sigh leaves my lips while I nod. Another loud notification rung through the air, this time being from Flynn's phone. Slipping it out of her back pocket, she tapped on the screen before letting out a squeal.

"Julie, do you know when you guys are gonna play again?" She asked, eyes flickering up for a moment as she buzzed with excitement.

"Play again? We don't even have anything planned. This entire weekend Luke and I have just been writing songs and we were all trying to get Indie to agree to sing with us," Julie replies with a pointed look being thrown at me.

"I'd rather die than sing in front of people,"

"You'd rather die than do most things," Was what she shot back with and for a second I paused. Blinking, I hold back a snort and nod, not having a retort to follow.

"Okay well Julie, lucky for you, your marketing team has been way ahead of you," Flynn grins causing Julie to shake her head.

"I don't have a marketing team," She says causing Flynn to roll her eyes. Taking off a backpack strap, she pulls her bag to the front and pulls out a pink paper.

"Yes you do," Flynn cheers, holding up the flier to her face before extending it out to Julie. "And surprise, you're playing the school dance tonight, and I'm DJ-ing too,"

Peering over to the paper, I skimmed over the sheet. Julie and her Hologram Band was the biggest thing at the top followed by Tonight at the Dance! Flynn seemed to have everything planned out.