005. LOVER BOY

𝟎𝟓. 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐎𝐘
( CHAPTER FIVE ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                    "Is it weird that I'm nervous?"

"Reggie don't say that! You being nervous makes me nervous," I whine, picking at the chipped yellow nail polish I painted a few days prior. "She's gonna hate me isn't she? This is a total surprise to her and I know I would be a little weirded out by a random girl just showing up because of ghosts—"

"Hey, no, it's okay. Julie is, like, the nicest person ever," Reggie interrupts, walking over to me and reaching out to place a hand on my shoulder but his arm just passes through me. Not being fazed one bit, he moves back up, having his hand hover over me instead this time. "I still find it rude that only Luke can make physical contact,"

"Take it up with whoever's in charge of the afterlife because I have no idea why or how it happens either," I snicker before another voice breaks us up.

"It's like nine, what's so important that you're forcing me to come out to the garage?" It was Julie, the annoyance clear in her tone. Not a good start.

"Just trust us okay?" Luke replies. Straightening up, Reggie stands beside me while I shift uncomfortably, hands dropping down to my sides. Walking through the door using their ghostly powers, Alex and him appear before the two of us. Luke smiles at this, his eyes meeting mine as he gives me a quick thumbs up in encouragement.

Nodding back, I force a smile the best I could but know it turned out as more of a grimace than anything considering the way I felt like I was going to pass out.

I, for one, didn't particularly have the best luck making friends. Did I want them? Always.

But when it came to actually putting myself out there and socializing, I just.. couldn't. I'd either say the wrong thing and embarrass myself or overall just not get off on the right foot. Hence the way I've been in Los Angeles for a month and the last 24-hours have been more socialization I've had in the past year.

It's a miracle the guys and I managed to get along so well from the start. Ironic that the aspect of death was the thing that brought us together.

The garage doors swung open and in stepped Julie Molina. At first her eyes blinked, adjusting to the light difference from outside before they scanned across the room. One-by-one she counted the three ghost boys but stopped on me, her body going rigid from shock.

"Guys.. who's this?" Julie asks carefully, an awkward smile on her lips as she lingered by the door.

"Julie, Indigo," Alex starts, gesturing between the two of us. "Indigo, Julie,"

"She's a friend," Luke jumps in, an arm wrapping over my shoulder with a cheesy grin on his features.

"W-wait wait," Julie stutters out, a hand running through her hair. "There's more of you? Like more ghosts? Why can I see her? Did she die in 1995 too?"