006. BRIGHT

𝟎𝟔. 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
( CHAPTER SIX ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                    "Stop moving!"

                    "Stop moving!"

"It's cold!" Reggie whines, flinching every other second as I tried to direct him on how to place the face mask on his skin. It was difficult considering I couldn't exactly touch him and he kept getting the pink goop on his shirt. It was the last jar I had, my mom was touchy on skin care of all things.

"It's not that bad," Alex snickers, softly blowing on his nails for the first coat to dry. They were a light blue color, he chose it specifically from my room earlier but I brought along options just in case. His hair was tied up with a hair tie in the front and the same face mask was on his skin, looking proper for a slumber party.

We figured out that they could pick up small items if they concentrated enough.

"It's cold," Reggie simply repeats before sticking his tongue out childishly.

"You guys started without us?" A new voice spoke up. Turning to the sound, Julie and Luke were walking into the garage. Julie was struggling to balance a spread of things in her arms, Luke holding one simple bag of chips compared to her.

"You guys were taking a while," Alex replies back innocently as I stand up.

Rushing over to help Julie before she dropped everything, she gives me a thankful smile. "Why did you guys bring so much food? The boys can't even eat,"

"Luke kept telling me to bring stuff," Julie huffs, placing down the things on the coffee table beside the couch. "I made Mac and Cheese because I figured we could share but then he went on a frenzy in my cupboard,"

A packet of oreos, bag of popcorn, skittles, two bags of chips, and soda and water bottles were placed down along with the container of Mac and Cheese. Looking up to Luke, he gives me an innocent smile but I know his hint was at the fact that he wanted me to eat properly, even if it was through junk food.

"Thank you," I tell Julie but send Luke a glance. He seems to get the message considering the way he nodded softly before tearing his gaze to Alex and Reggie.

"You guys look great," He teased through a laugh but Reggie holds up a hand.

"You're just jealous cause our skin is gonna look hot afterwards," He boasts before holding up Alex's hand. "And Alex is gonna look even prettier with his nails painted,"

This caused Alex to grin. I had a feeling he'd been wanting to do it for a while but never got around to it when he was alive. Different society norms and all, he looked giddy which was the main point.

"That's a nice color," Julie compliments, nodding toward the blue nail polish.

"Thanks! It's Indie's, she let me borrow it... Hey, we could match! As long as you're okay with that of course," Directing the latter half to me, Alex sends me a sheepish look.