023. TO BE LOVED

depictions of death, blood, and
other    mature topics will    be
included in this chapter. please
proceed with caution if you may
be triggered by these mentioned

𝟐𝟑. 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃
( CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE ) — 𝐋.𝐏.

                The difference between living and surviving are deeply contrasted yet heavily forgotten of their differences

                The difference between living and surviving are deeply contrasted yet heavily forgotten of their differences. To live a life, it is one worth telling, one able to looked back upon and truly accept it in its entirety — in the full range of emotions from euphoria to melancholy. Surviving is the mere means to continue to breathe another breath and stay another day.

To be alive and to stay alive. That is the difference.

The pleasure of truly living wasn't a luxury given to Indigo. In fact, it seemed to be as though the odds were stacked against her from the start. Nearly seventeen years of life had been spent in a constant state of worry, unpredictability and a lack of home. Despair turns to depression, and depression led to an unprecedented act that could've ended the life she was surviving.

And ironically, an ideal that would've made everything come to a halt had brought her to something that made her life worth living. The people who made her feel most alive were ones who weren't even living themselves.

The boys of Sunset Curve had saved Indigo. That was the simple true. Words couldn't describe how eternally grateful she was for them nor would she be able to describe how much they've helped her overcome the demons of her past. They never gave up on her, and that's all she needed, someone to believe in her.

They had given her life, she was alive for the first time. And although they'd have to leave, she'd continue to live. Holding the legacy of three ghost boys who were the first to love her, and the first boys who taught her how to love. Luke, Alex, and Reggie brought beauty to Indigo's life, in multiple forms that would imprint her future.

Indie heard the sound of cheering. Claps and whoops of encouragement roared in the room. Heavy breaths left her lips in huffs, the accelerated thumping of her heart rang through her ears.

Her eyes were locked into Luke's. Standing on stage for everyone to see, she nearly jumped into his arms as she noticed the glint in his expression. Stand Tall had just finished, Julie's final note concluded the final song the band would perform. It was time for them to leave.

The five stood at the edge of the stage. A hand interlacing with her own pulled her gaze away. Julie was looking back at the girl with a forced smile, squeezing her palm in a form of reassurance. Indie flickered her eyes to the left of Julie, catching Reggie who was already staring back. He smiled, this one genuine as he attempted to mask the feeling of utter fear but Indie saw right through it. After all, she was his person, she always knew.