He Gives You a Promise Ring

Zayn: You tossed your clutch onto the couch and quickly unraveled your ponytail. "I fucking hate you," you shouted. Zayn planned to have a romantic dinner with you on the pier, but a run-in with your ex-boyfriend ruined his plans. "Why is this my fault?" he argued. He angrily pulled off his blazer, which showed off his large arm muscles. "You punched him in the jaw, Zayn! I can never forgive you for that!" you shouted. You watched as the muscles in his jaw twitched. "He looked at you like a piece of meat," Zayn sneered. You turned away in disgust and unzipped your dress. He tossed a small jewelry box onto the bed. "There goes your fucking promise ring," he mumbled. "My what?" you asked. He shoved his hands into his pockets and tried to look into your eyes the best he could without wanting to pin you against a wall and kiss you. "A promise ring. I wanted to make you a promise tonight, but my plans fucked up." You opened the box and found a ring with your anniversary date. "What was the promise?" your breath hitched. "I promise to love you, [Y/N]. I promise to love you when you walk away, I promise to love you when you make me want to claw my eyes out, and I promise to love you when you fuck up. My only hope is you promise to let me love you all that much." You crashed your lips to his. God, he was so good to you. "Sorry," you mumbled against his lips. "Sorry, too," he whispered before pushing you back against his bed and living up to his promise.

Louis: You stared at the ring in front of you. "Louis," you breathed, "you have to take this back." Your boyfriend Louis always had a way of spoiling you, and he loved you too much not to. You tucked the beautiful silver band back into the box and gently placed it into Louis's palms. "You spoil me too much," you dutifully noted, "and I love you without this ring or not." He shook his head and chuckled lowly. "No, babe," he began, "this is not some sort of present. This is a promise, and I hope we can trade that ring for a wedding ring one day, but until then, I promise you I will never leave you. I will spoil you until the day's end, and I will make sure you are always loved. I cannot promise to be the best boyfriend, but I sure as hell will try, yeah?" As Louis gazed into your eyes, a group of paparazzi surrounded the park bench and captured the moment. "Kiss the lad," one of the photographers shouted. Without hesitation, you pulled in your boyfriend and crashed your lips onto his.

Liam: You ran behind the sofa and chased the Golden Retriever you and Liam shared. "Charlie," he pleaded, "please hand Daddy the box." You slowly crept behind Charlie and gestured for Liam to stay still. "Liam," you whispered, "stay completely still." Charlie glared into Liam's eyes as he remained perfectly still. You quickly attempted to snatch the box from Charlie's jaw, but he rushed past Liam into the front yard. The both of you ran to take the box back, but by the time the both of you caught up to him, the box was absolutely destroyed. "Why was the box so important?" you asked. Liam raked his fingers through his hair nervously. "You see, baby," he stammered, "I wanted to give you a promise ring tomorrow night. I guess I left the box too low, and now my promise to you is ruined." You lightly pecked him on the lips. "A promise? A promise for what?" you asked. "I wanted to give you the ring to prove I will do my best to make this relationship work. Not just for us, but for little Charlie, too." You smiled and lightly kissed him. "I don't need a ring to know you love me," you explained. You grabbed his hand and placed it on your heart. "I already feel your love right here."

Harry: After a long night of giving each other's bodies, you and Harry exhaustedly cuddled with each other in bed. His legs intertwined with yours, and white sheets covered your naked bodies. He ran a finger down the length of your long waist and chuckled lowly. Chills sent down your spine. "You are a special kind of beautiful," he whispered. You blushed and bit your lip down. Suddenly, you felt his body stiffen. "I wanted to make tonight special," he admitted nervously. He studied the lines of your lips and bit his own lip to control himself. He rolled over to his bed stand and grabbed a box out of the drawer. "What is this?" you asked as he handed the box to you. "Just open it," he smiled triumphantly. You opened the box to find a silver ring with you and Harry's names. "Think of this as a promise," he explained. "I promise to love you with every fiber of my being. I promise to be the same Hazza you met a year ago. I promise to wake up every morning and feel the same way about you as I do this moment if not more." You wiped a tear falling from your eye and pulled him in for another kiss.

Niall: The smell of your mother's famous oven-roasted turkey lingered in the air. As you laid your head against Niall's stomach on the couch, you heard a low grumble. "Mum," Niall whined, "is the turkey ready?" You loved the connection between him and your parents. You and Niall only dated for a year, but your parents called him their son just as much as he called them his parents. The both of you were definitely not ready to settle down though. You just enjoyed being together too much to commit into something serious right now. "Dinner time," your mother called into the living room. Immediately, Niall and your entire family raced to the dinner table. You took a seat between Niall and your father. "Would anyone like to make a speech before we begin?" your father asked. Niall stood with a champagne glass in his hand. "Actually, I have something very important to announce," he began. He turned to face you and placed his champagne glass on the table to pull out a small jewelry box. "Now, Mr. and Mrs. [Y/L/N], this is just a promise ring. I just wanted to give this to your daughter because I have never met a more beautiful and kind woman, and this is not only a promise to her, but to the both of you as well, that I will love and protect her the best a lad can. I am truly grateful to have all of you in my family already." Your mother wiped away a tear and smiled proudly at Niall. "Well sweetheart," your father spoke, "are you going to kiss the lad or what?"