When he's worried your cheating

Harry:

"Can he make you happier than I can?" Harry turned to you with concern in his eyes. The thought literally seemed to come out of nowhere. You noticed that he had been quieter than usual lately, but you just figured he had a lot on his mind. He was sitting on the edge of the couch, leaning his arms on his knees.

"What?" It sounded stupid in your own head the second it left your lips. He looked hurt, his eyes betraying pain. You sat stunned for a moment, but turned yourself toward him, sitting cross-legged on the couch and pressing your knees to his thighs.

He let out a long sigh. "I just... want you to be happy. No matter how lonely that makes me." You looked at him, your eyebrows pulling together. "I know you're still... in contact with him," he seemed to struggle with his words, almost dropping his head in his hands. "And I know we can't have the most normal relationship... I know I'm a hard person to be with a-and..."

You pressed a finger over his mouth. "Shh..." you hushed him, moving your hand so you could grab onto his. The first part at least was true. Lately an ex-boyfriend was in town, and somehow he convinced himself that he made a huge mistake breaking up with you. You ran into him earlier but didn't hesitate to remind him it was over. You didn't know how Harry found out about it, but was nothing he needed to worry about.

"That was the past, and that's how it's going to stay," you rested your forehead against his. "I'm holding onto your hand right now, alright?" You held them up and pressed your lips to his. "I've never been happier in my whole life. I wouldn't trade this for the world," you assured him. "It's always going to be you."

Zayn

The after work drinks with your coworkers turned into quite a night. It was fun up until the guy who sat beside you (who you had always had a feeling had a little office-crush on you) was a few drinks past tipsy and decided it was a good idea to lock lips with someone sober and entirely uninterested: you.

It didn't take long after that for you to excuse yourself and head home, ready to joke about this with Zayn. But when you got there, he seemed out of sorts. When you smiled and kissed him on the cheek he seemed distant. You decided it was best to put him first before your stupid work stories.

You began paging through a magazine while he got himself together a little. He sighed, and set down a glass on the kitchen counter, looking you dead in the eye. "If you like him better, why aren't you with him?" You almost spit your water out all over the table.

"Justin Bieber?" you nearly screamed, placing your finger on the picture in the magazine you were just staring at.

"No!" he returned, appalled at you. You seized the moment to take a deep breath, calming down your worried and racing heart. He spun the glass of water in front of him, releasing another large sigh. "I was going to surprise you tonight," he began, his voice upset. "But I saw you and that guy..."

The corners of your mouth twitched a bit, and you tried hard not to laugh. Is that what this was about? "Zayn... are you jealous?" your voice had that tint of humor in it.

"This isn't funny!" he yelled back. "I didn't think you were the type of girl to just go around kissing--"

You stood up in your seat, quickly leaning across the counter and pressing your lips to his, forcing him to stop talking. "If you didn't notice, he kissed me," you smiled. "He was also drunk. And I'm sorry to say you must have left before you saw me give him a piece of my mind." You pecked his lips one more time. "You have nothing to worry about," you promised. "Yours are the only lips I'm ever getting anywhere near."

Niall:

Your long, tiring day was finally over. More than anything you just wanted to get home and relax. The elevator up to your apartment even felt exhausting. You recognized the shoes left in your doorway as you kicked yours off. A small smile found its way to your face.