Your Parents Forbid (2/2)

Zayn: You gently placed your champagne glass onto the table as your boyfriend Cade fiddled with your fingers underneath the dinner table. With the dim lights of the restaurant, you were completely uncomfortable as the both of your families smiled in conversation. Suddenly, Cade rose from his seat and clinked his champagne glass with a spoon. "Excuse me," he beamed, "I have an announcement." The both of your families turned their attentions to him as your hands shook. "As you know," he declared, "my sweetheart and I have been dating for about three years, and thank God, you dumped the weasel before me." Everyone giggled in response, though you refused to join in the laughter. "Anyway," he continued, "tonight is about us. I brought both of our families here today to tell you, I love you, and with the blessing of your parents, would you marry me?" That was it, you thought. For someone he "loved," his speech was definitely a bit short-lived. Both families awaited your response in hope you would say yes, but you remained silent as you recollected your thoughts. When a familiar silhouette paused in front of you across the restaurant, you recognized him immediately. You raised your eyes only to meet his saddened eyes. "Zayn?" you breathed. As if on cue, you placed your napkin onto the table and dashed out of your seat. The families, in shock, did not stop you, but instead, comforted Cade as he stood motionlessly. "Please tell me you said no," he snarled, "please." The jealousy in his voice gnawed your aching heart. "I...I have a lot to think about," you whispered. Zayn turned his gaze away from you. The sight of you fucking hurt him. "Look," he explained, "in this point of your life, no one is going to stop you from being with me. This is about you, not your parents or Cade. Make a fucking decision already, because to be quite honest, I am tired of waiting on the woman of my dreams to tell me she still loves me when loving her hurts like fucking hell." Tears streamed your face as he shouted, and when he stopped, he cursed under his breath when he realized you were hurt. "Zayn," you sobbed onto his shoulder, "I still love you, and I never stopped."

Louis: You refused to move in with Louis. Despite your love for him, you were very young and needed your parents, too. Three years passed, and you were finally twenty-one, and despite the previous boyfriends after him, everyday, you still ached for Louis. Your hand carefully held your hair from the cake as you leaned in and blew your candles. "Twenty-one, huh?" a voice interrupted your wish. You pulled away from the cake and gazed upward only to find a pair of familiar blue eyes. Shit, you thought, here you were with your new boyfriend Dennis, yet still weakened in the knees with the sight of Louis. "Louis," you breathed, "wow, I never expected to see you." Dennis knew you and Louis used to date, but your parents forced you away from him. If anything, Dennis knew you were still in love with Louis, and had he not known, anyone could have known from the way you gazed into his eyes. "Dennis," you huffed, "could Louis and I have a word?" Dennis nodded approvingly, and you were grateful he understood completely. You and Louis walked together near a bench outside of the restaurant. The streetlights reflected against the pavement, which gave you little view of the new man Louis had become. "Why are you here?" you asked. He winced as he heard the harshness in your voice. "Your birthday," he explained, "I could never forget your birthday." You crossed your bare arms as the December breeze chilled you. "Really," you scoffed, "because as I do recall, you forgot the past two years." Louis tipped you by the chin and stared into those orbs he loved. "Are you going to blame this on me or your parents?" he asked. "Blaming you would be easier," you sighed, "but Louis, did you even fight for me? You let me go for three whole years, and you come back and think I will run into your arms and tell you I love you?" Louis crashed his lips into yours and begged for access to the tongue he longed for. Dammit, let me in, his thoughts begged in desperation. Finally, you parted your lips, and he found solace in your taste. He pulled away and pierced his gaze onto those lips he longed for. "I left you alone because I wanted to give you time," he explained, "you left me because you were too young to move in with me, but here you are, twenty-one years old, and the offer still stands." Your eyes traveled from his lips to his eyes. "L-Louis," you stammered, "my parents would be upset if I made this d-" "Would you stop thinking about your parents?" he snapped. "Don't fucking think about what your parents want," he shouted, "what do you want?" Silence fell upon the both of you as the memories soaked your mind. "You," you answered.