Chapter 2

Chapter 2:
His POV

I scream her name, as the car drives off. I see on the back of the window there is a white cross.

I scream her name again, this time while sprinting after the car.

I can't lose her, she sees the good in me. The good in this whole horrible world. She's the little at the end of the tunnel, that makes you get warmer and warmer as you get closer to it.

Then these pricks decided to blow it out on me. I have to get her back.

I run, and run, and run. Even when I want to stop I run some more.

I stopped hearing the sound of the car about 13 miles ago. The sun has come up now and I just keep going.

I slow down, then speed up again. I can't lose her. I know she is strong, and I know that she can protect herself, but I feel as if thats my job.... to keep her safe.

I look up from the ground and stop dead in my tracks.

The road splits into two different directions.

I breathe and hold back a scream. I don't know which way to go, if I go the wrong way I may never find my way back.

So I do the only thing I can do at the moment. I drop my weapon at my side and I sit down and catch my breath.

The sun has moved across the sky now, I have been sitting here in the middle of the road for about three hours. She's just gone.

As I'm sitting in the middle of the road, breathing heavily and looking back and forth at the cross roads in front of me.

How could I let that happen to her.

I look up at the sky.

"Hershel, I'm so sorry. I let ya down, I'm sorry." I say looking back down and mumbling almost every single curse word known to man.

Then I hear walking behind me. I don't even bother turning around. Let the walkers get me, I don't care anymore.

Then I hear a voice. An actual person is behind me.