Chapter 25

Chapter 25:
Her POV

We had to stop for a bit because the battery of the RV died, but we replaced it quickly and continued on our way.

We've just pulled up to the place called Alexandria. Rick is holdin' baby Judith close and Michonne keeps noddin' and smilin' at him signalin' that its okay.

Daryl hasn't talked to me since I walked away on him this mornin', but I know his eyes are always on me.

I walk up next to Carl and give him a supportin' glance and a smile. He nods at me smilin' back.

Somethin' moves in the bushes next to Daryl and without thinkin', he lets a bolt fly pickin' up a possum and holdin' it for the rest of the time.

They open up the gates and Aaron walks in with Eric and tells the man there to take him to the doctor.

"Please hand over your weapons." The man at the gate says.

"Thats not gonna happen." Rick says defensively.

"No, no its alright." Aaron warns the man. "They're fine, they have to meet with Deanna first."

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asks loudly.

"She runs this place, she asks to do an interview with all who come here so she can find jobs for you." He informs us and Drags us through the town. These houses are huge, and the town is so clean.

We turn a corner and I see a woman walkin' her dog. I haven't seen one in a while. I remember the one that came to the funeral home where Daryl and I were, even though I never saw it myself.

"Rick, Deanna would like to see you first." Aaron tells him and hands Carl little Judy. Rick walks into this big house and everyone quietly sits on the porch waitin' to be called.

I sit on the far side by myself and slightly close my eyes. I don't wanna let my guard down, but I know my group is right here.

"Didn't you get sleep in the RV?" I open my eyes to see Daryl sittin' across from me, starin' blankly at me.

"Not really." I say straightly. "Have you got any?" I ask him in the same tone.

"What do you think?" He grunts rudely.

"Whatever, just askin'. Tryin' to be nice thats all." I tell him lookin' around him at a pond in the center if town.

"Sorry." He almost whispers.

"S'fine. I know you're just tired." I say and stand up to go talk to Maggie. Daryl rushes up and grabs my hand.

"Beth. I really am sorry." He tells me meaningfully. I nod and turn around to walk away, but Daryl drags me around to the other side of the porch where to group can't see us. He pins me against the wall and leans in real close.

"Girl, why are you so stubborn.? He asks then crashes his lips against mine with force. I kiss back with equal force. The kiss gets hungrier, but the tenderness is still there. I pull back.

"Daryl, I don't wanna move too fast." I tell him terrified that he'll get aggravated. "I understand." He says and backs off of me, flips his hair out of his eyes, adjusts his crossbow on his back, and walks away.

Great.

I wait a few minutes then walk back to the group. When I look around Rick is back and Daryl is inside.

"Rick? Can you come here please?" I says in a hushed voice.

"What is it? Is everythin' alright?" He asks in a slight panic.