Chapter 21

Chapters 21:
Her POV

It keeps thunderin' more and more, and the rain keeps gettin' louder and harder. It sounds as if a million nails are being hammered into the tin roof all at once.

Carol built a fire and a bunch of people are just sittin' around it talkin'.

I can't really make out what they are sayin' as I'm layin' across the room pretendin' to be asleep. The only thing I can make out is towards the end. Rick says somethin' that gets me thinkin'.

"So we tell ourselves.. we are the Walking Dead."

It gets quieter somehow. As if everyone has stopped breathin'. It is still pourin' out and the thunder is still as loud. But after that statement, it some how gets quieter.

That statement makes me think. We all want to believe that this is still our world, the world of the livin'. But really we are the dead to them, we are the ones livin' in their world.

Eventually, after I don't know how long, they disperse from around the fire and walk towards everyone else who is sleepin'. Carl is next to Judy fast asleep, and Michonne goes and lays down next to Carl. She strokes his hair and smiles.

Rick stays over by the fire still, and Carol goes to lay down somewhere else. I can't see where anyone else went really.

Daryl is still standin' around the fire, by the front doors. He looks outside and drops his crossbow immediately.

"Guys!" He screams and everyone who is awake shoots up to rush over to him. I get up as fast as I can, rush over to them, and I don't know what to do when I see whats through the doors.

A whole hoard of walkers comin' straight towards the door. Daryl and Rick are pushin' against the doors to keep them closed. Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, and I have rushed next to them. Carol and Sasha rush over. Tara, Noah, Rosita, and Eugene are all on the opposite and. Abraham gets a runnin' start and flings his body against the door and closes them tighter slightly. Eventually, they get pushed back open a small amount, and Carl makes sure Judy is safe and he comes runnin' over followed by Father Gabriel.

After who knows how long, the door gets lighter and easier to hold. We hear trees crashin' around us. I keep prayin' to myself that none of them will land on the barn.

Everyone is plastered to the wall, not wantin' to move an inch. Afraid that the slightest movement could kill us all.

I become stiff as a statue, and as the hours pass, light begins to come through the cracks in the buildin'.

As the sun is fully up, Daryl informs everyone that its safe to move. He tells everyone to go get some actual rest.

I don't even have the strength to move. Instead I plop down on the ground where I'm standin' and lean against the wall. I see everyone walk away and lay down somewhere.

Daryl sits down next to me. I try not to acknowledge that he's there. I don't know why, but I just don't.

I move my ankle and inhale sharply as I cringe at the pain. My pushin' against the door, and standin' all night certainly did not help.

"Ye alright?" Daryl asks in a monotone voice. It sounds like he really doesn't care and just wants to seem like he does.

"Y-Yea. The standin' all night didn't really help." I say softly.

"Can I see it?" He asks and I nod. I lift my leg up towards him and he takes of my boot to reveal my injury.

He unwraps the bandage that is bound around it. He tenses at the sight.