Chapter 31

Chapter 31
His POV

I can' stop lookin' through the fence. No matter how much I wanna know who this guy is who just saved my ass.
I keep lookin' anyway. Prayin' that I won' see a tiny blonde body on the ground. Or a tiny bloody walker comin' towards me.

"Daryl?" I hear from behin' me. I don't move. "Daryl?" He says again. This time causing me to finally turn aroun' an' face Aaron.

"What?" I gruff. "This man says he's looking for somebody an' he was wondering if we might know where to find him.

"Yes. That's correct." He says pullin' outta map an' handin' it to me.

I open it an' see the tiny hand written note at the bottom.

Sorry, I was an asshole.
Come to Washington.
The new world's gonna need Rick Grimes.

I look up at the man who just handed me the map. Who is this guy?

"Who the hell are you?" I ask rudely.

"My name's Morgan Jones. I found that man a little while after the outbreak. Poor guy was in a coma and woke up with the world in pieces. I've been looking for him for a while now."

I nod. "Well you've found him. He's parta our group, we'll take you back with us." I say lookin' at him a lil' bit less intense than I was before.

"Thank you." Is all he says an' Aaron takes him into his car as I reluctantly walk over to my bike.

I get on an' start it. The engine roarin' loudly. I stare blankly ahead at the fence full of walkers snappin' their jaws at me.

Beth... I'm sorry.

I lift the kick stand up an' start walkin' my back around so I can het out clearly.

"You're not leavin' without me are you?" I hear a small voice ask.

I whip my head around an' see a blood covered Beth breathin' heavily an' smilin' at me.

I immediately turn off my bike an' jump off of it practically flyin' into Beth's arms.

I almost knock her down an' all she can do is giggle.

"I thought... yanno." I mutter into her ear.

"I know." She says softly as she runs her hands through my hair.

"C'mon lets get back. I'm sure Rick will wanna know about Morgan." She says releasin' me from a hug.

"How long you been standin' there?" I ask wonderin' how she knew about that.

"Not long. But I wanted to make a dramatic entrance." She says with a big smile.

"Yer somethin' else, girl." I say wrappin' my arm aroun' her waste an' guidin' her over to my bike.

I climb on first followed by her. I ride in fronta Aaron an' turn outta the packin' place leavin' the fence of walkers behin'.

Throughout the whole ride, I keep goin' over everythin' thats happened, in my head. We all almost died. I thought Beth was dead... again. I wouldn'a been able to tell her how I really feel about her.

The way she smiles at the smallest things. The way she sings when she thinks no one's listenin'. Or even when she wants to cheer people up. She's always makin' the best of the situation, even in this shit world. I'm lucky as all hell to have met someone like that.

The sun starts to set faster an' faster it seems. So we decide to stop at the house we did last time. The one with the secret hatch in the floor. I'm glad that we foun' that. We were runnin' low on food.