Chapter 22

Chapter 22:
His POV

She fell asleep about five minutes ago and her grip on my hand has tightened quickly as her eyes shut tighter. I know now that her nightmare is startin'. I don't want to wake her up unless I can tell she absolutely needs it.

Her grip tightens even more and she begins to shake and mumble.

"No.. stop. Please." She begins to panic. "Stop!" She almost shouts. I know she can't take it no longer.

"Beth." I shake her slightly and she doesn't wake up. "Beth!" I say louder and shake her harder.

She shoots up flustered and breathin' heavily. Graspin' her chest, she begins to breathe slower and almost at a normal pace.

"Ye alright?" I ask removin' my hand from hers feelin' suddenly aware that she knew it was there.

She looks down at where my hand just was and takes a deep breath.

"Y..Yea. Just a little nightmare thats all." She says tryin' to hide the fact that she is terrified.

"You wanna tell me about it?" I ask half-heartily, rememberin' what it was about last time.

"No. Not this time.." She trails off lookin' out the window at the trees passin' by.

The sun is almost entirely outta sight. She gets up without a word and trudges out of the open door to the bathroom.

I decide to get up and see where we are.

Tara, Rosita, and Noah are all asleep. Sasha is starin' out the window and Maggie is readin' some book.

Judith is sleepin' in Carls arms and Carol is mindlessly playin' with her knife. Eugene is playin' with a deck of cards and Abraham is still drivin'.

"Hey is she okay?" Maggie asks touchin' my arm lightly.

I nod. "Nightmare, she didn't want to tell me 'bout it." I say in a monotone voice.

"Yea. That's never gonna leave her. I sometimes still have nightmares about the Governor and everythin' he's done." She says lookin' at her feet. She looks back up. "Thankfully Glenn's there for me, and now you're there fer her right?" She asks me with glarin' protectin' eyes.

I nod hesitantly unsure about this whole situation. "Always." I tell her.

Maggie's face brightens as a slight smile is creepin' on her face.

"Daryl I want you to know that if anythin' happens between you two, I support it. I know the age has a gap, but age doesn't really matter in the crappy world now anyways. Daddy would just want her to be happy." She says restin' her hand on my shoulder.

I'm still unsure about this whole situation. I keep tellin' myself that I don't have feelin's fer her, but whenever she's around I can't help but feel better and nicer.

I nod and Maggie looks over my shoulder and her smile fades.

I turn aroun' and Beth is standin' there lookin' at us with no emotion on her face. One thing is on her face though. Tear stains.

"Beth?" Maggie asks and she just turns around and goes back into the bedroom closin' the door.

"I'll be right back." She says and walks off to the room and closin' the door behind her as well.

I feel uncomfortable and on display, so I walk over to Carl still holdin' a now awake Judith.

"Hmm, give me the Lil' Asskicker. You get some rest." I say to Carl as he hands over Judith.