Chapter 24

Chapter 24:
Her POV

I walk down the alley, tryin' to clear my min'.

"Beth!" I hear my sister scream as she comes runnin' down by me.

"What?!" I ask through clenched teeth.

"Bethy relax, I just want you to come back. It's late, an' dark. Whats wrong anyways?" She asks clearly concerned.

"If I tell you, will you promise not to freak out?" I ask cringin'.

"Promise." She says a little unsure.

"I kissed Daryl." My words flow outta my mouth.

"What?" She asks as if she didn't hear me.

"I kissed Daryl and I think he mighta kissed back. We were just arguin' about the whole situation before Rick came over. He said that the kiss didn't matter and I was hopin' it did even if I knew it didn't." I say lookin' down.

"Beth I care, I really do, there is a fence holdin' back walkers that is about to break." She says in a panic and I turn around to see that we must have attracted them.

"C'mon Beth!" I hear Maggie call as the fence snaps and the walkers come floodin' out at us.

I'm frozen for a secon' but then I turn an' run just in time.

I can barely see Maggie as she runs in front of me. I can hear her callin' over her shoulder for me to hurry up. I then see her turn a corner as another group of walkers comes down the way she was gonna go.

I don't know what else to do, so I make a sharp left down an alley and into an open door. I slam it shut before any walkers can grab me and take a bite outta my warm flesh.

I quickly find a small room and make sure its clear. I then take a desk and push it up against the closed door. I make my way into the corner with my knife out an' sit down.

I try to keep my eyes open the best I can, but as mornin' is about to turn the corner my eyes close and I drift off to sleep.

I hear bangin'. Loud bangin' comin' from the other side of the door.
I stand up weakly and slowly make my way to the door. I push the desk sorta outta the way and slightly crack the door. I close the door again and put my knife back in its sheath. I open the door and a body is flung at me.

I am immediately welcomed by the scent of cigarettes knowin', who has embraced me.

"Are ye alright?" He asks me and I nod.

He pulls away and grabs my right hand with his left and uses his left hand to push back a piece of my hair and places it behin' my ear.

"I didn't mean anythin' I said last night Beth. Anythin'." He tells me and I know now that the kiss we shared meant somethin'.

"Oh." Is all manage to say before his lips crash against mine. He wraps his arms around the base of my back as I place my hands on his chest. The kiss deepens, then as soon as it starts. It stops. We pull away, breathin' heavily. Neither one of us says a word. Until I speak up.

"We should get back, they're probably worried." I inform an' step outta the room and exit the buildin' smirkin' to myself and leavin' him standin' there.

I begin to walk doe the alley gazin' at the taken out walkers on the ground that I know Daryl took care of. I smile to myself as I limp in pain rom the runnin' last night. I'm about twenty feet away from where I left Daryl when I hear runnin'. I assume one thing. Walkers.

I begin to limp faster, when two strong arms sweep me up and I laugh.

I look at a slightly smilin' Daryl.