29: Plain Rice

The place where the training between Yu Feng and Yu Qing would be held at was a much simpler yet, cozy cabin.

The exterior was an open view; glass windows decorated around it. Wooden boards served as its front steps, adding comfortable lounge seats and tables outside as a form of relaxation. The inside was a bit narrow, especially the hallways. The dining room consisted of one long table with multiple chairs on either side of it: no decorations, just plants and the glass windows. The kitchen was on the other side, roughly suited for three to four persons to cook as a small table of four was also included in the area.

Upstairs consisted of five rooms — rarely enough to accommodate more than twenty people. Two of the largest rooms were designated for both teams to stay at wherein their beds were simple mattresses on the floor with dozen pillows and thick blankets — kind of like a dormitory style except no bunk beds. The other rooms were given to the three girls, the three rookies, and to Coach Qi Na, wherein their beds were much more comfortable than the teams'.

Outside, tall trees and skies surrounded the area. Vehicles rarely pass by since the place was somewhat by the forest. Roads were long and endless and tennis courts were also available behind the cabin. The surroundings were serene and tranquil with only the whispers of the wind and the groups' voices to be heard.

All in all, it was somewhat a perfect place to accommodate their trainings. Well, if only the team would cooperate with each other.

Jia Li stood between Xing Zi and Qi Ying, both who came along with their brother and aunt. Their eyes were awkwardly darting back and forth at the two teams, who were having a stare down. Such a nice way to start the day.

When the Tang siblings had arrived, most of the members were already there except for Si Yang and Xing Long. But their greetings with each other were somewhat forced. And the only time that they agreed on doing something together was this — stare down at Yu Feng with a hard glare and never back down.

Xing Zi sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck and hesitantly asked, "Well, do you guys want anything for lunch?" The three girls were assigned in kitchen duties by Coach Qi Na, claiming that if they allowed any of the boys to go near the kitchen, the cabin would definitely burst into flames.

"I want chicken!"

"Goose!"

"Meat does sound nice!"

"Hamburger!"

The girls' eyes jumped on each person back and forth, who openly declared what food they wanted but still kept their gazes at each other. Qi Ying leaned against the two and whispered, "How are we going to settle what food to cook?"

Unfortunately, Qiao Chen heard Qi Ying and his eyes flared with determination, "How about this? Let's create a competition. Whoever wins get to eat what they want while the losing team will only eat plain rice."

"Plain rice?" The three girls repeated in shock.

However, the other Yu Qing members and Yu Feng agreed with the proposal. Wei Ming asked, "And what would be the competition?"

The boys turned to the three girls, silently asking for any ideas. Qi Ying hesitantly spoke out, which made Xing Zi and Jia Li turn to her with unsure expressions, "Um, the place needs some cleaning? It would kind of take a long time if us three were the only ones to clean." The boys thought about it.

"Qi Ying," Jia Li whispered, "Are you sure they're going to clean this place properly?"

"It's food we're talking about." Xing Zi joined in. "They would definitely do anything for food."