55: Hai Guang (Part I)

The sun was scorching hot, its rays glaring on their skins. The once emptied bleachers were filled within a few minutes as students cramped at one another, leaving no vacant seats. Visuals of yellow gold and blue cheering sticks were being waved frantically in the air, accompanied by deafening screams as the crowd began hollering their respective school names. Mingled among the students were a mixture of different colors of tennis jerseys. Tennis players from Xing Yao, Yu Feng, No. 3, Guo Zi, and No. 6 had come to watch, dropping subtle thoughts at how Yu Qing wouldn't definitely stand a chance against the strong tennis players from Hai Guang.

Currently, the team were huddled in a circle behind the stands. Tension and nervousness creeped in among them as the cheers from the Hai Guang students dominated the area. The team were quiet, standing frozen, trying to tone down their nervousness that was eating them. Jia Li couldn't blame them. After all, Hai Guang was the final team for them to compete against with before they could enter the Nationals as Provincial Champions.

Her eyes roamed around the team's faces, studying their expressions. They were all sporting frowns and uneasiness, swallowing thickly and fidgeting with their fingers. She didn't know how to lift up their mood. Instead, she blurted out the first thing that entered her mind upon seeing their expressions.

"You guys look like you could piss in your pants anytime."

Their heads whipped towards her direction, eyes widening at how blunt her words were. Jia Li gulped as an embarrassed blush crept onto her cheeks.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

She sheepishly smiled at them, hesitating whether to open her mouth or not, knowing how she might drop another set of blunt words.

"Little sis," Jia Le awkwardly chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "That sounded so bad."

Jia Li quickly shook her head, mumbling sheepishly, "I just wanted to cheer you all up, but it came out wrong because I saw your expressions. Sorry."

A voice boomed over the area as both teams were announced to head to the courts. Da Yong heaved out a heavy sigh and stretched his arm, signaling the team to stack their hands on one another, cheering for their team to win this championship.

"Go, Yu Qing!"

"Got any motivational cheer for us, Jia Li?" Qiao Chen asked.

Her lips formed into a slight pout as she hummed, "I'd say be careful but knowing how you guys love putting your health in jeopardy no matter how Coach Qi Na warns you, I'd rather say do your best! I'll be cheering for you all in the bleachers."

"That wasn't motivational but okay." Qiao Chen snickered.

Pivoting her body to her brother, Jia Li flicked his forehead to which he yelped in pain. "And you, dear brother. You better be careful, or I'll be the reason why you'd end up in the hospital."

Jia Le shook away her threat dismissively, moving forward to embrace his sister, "I'll be careful, Little sis. I promise."

"Let's go?" Da Yong nodded at the team and one by one, they left after a series of patting her head.

Damn, I'm being treated like a dog.

"Good luck, guys!" Jia Li chirped, frowning as she noticed Zhuo Zhi lingered behind the team once Jia Le had let go of her. "Why are you still here?"

Zhuo Zhi innocently raised his eyebrows and turned his head at the direction of his team before turning to face Jia Li again. He shrugged and leaned forward a bit to which she leaned backwards, putting on a funny face. "Where's my good luck?"