52: Friendly Matches (Part II)

"Now let's decide the list of the sequence of players."

Guo Zi High School was facing off Yu Qing in today's friendly match as per Si Yang's final task for the team according to Coach Qi Na. Even if he was far from them, he never failed to always think about his team first. He had arranged these sudden friendly matches without telling the team to strengthen them for their upcoming matches against Hai Guang High School, who happened to be the defending champions for two consecutive years already.

"Guan Yue," one of the players from Guo Zi raised his hand. "Qiao Ze and I would really like to play with Yu Qing's Golden Partners again."

Da Yong straightened up himself and smirked, "We'll play with you anytime." Her brother nodded and smiled at his partner.

Despite the ones taunting the Yu Qing players, Guo Zi unfortunately lost, much to Guan Yue's chagrin. He scoffed with his arms crossed, sitting down on the bench under the shed, one leg over the other. "It's not yet even over and yet, you're already tired? I can't believe we lost to Yu Qing. What a disappointment for Guo Zi High School."

Qiao Chen, who had just finished his match, came sauntering their way, plopping his racket on the round table between the two benches and panted with annoyance at Guan Yue. "We've had so many matches over the past few days, maybe you should try doing that."

It was true. Over the past few days, different schools had been surprising Yu Qing with matches, letting the team endlessly play everyday. Jia Li knew that Si Yang wanted the team to train very hard, but she didn't expect that he'd be sending their past competitors to play with Yu Qing multiple times. The team was getting so exhausted with all of it that they found themselves rambling about their captain being so harsh. But even with those complaints, they still pursue with their captain's final task for them, making Coach Qi Na proud on how much they had improved.

She handed her brother and Qiao Chen some drinks, both who had slumped themselves beside Lu Xia, breathing heavily.

All of a sudden, a ball speedily flew across the court, heading straight to their direction. Lu Xia immediately flung out his hand to catch it whilst casually sipping his drink.

"What's going on?" Jia Le asked, confused at the sudden commotion.

"Is that how you're going to take on the next few games?"

Everyone's eyes turned to Ya Jiu Xin who was leaning lazily against the pole by the entrance, glaring at the players.

With various schools suddenly showing up here in Yu Qing, Jia Li didn't seem surprised anymore, getting too used with new people popping out of nowhere.

She watched as Xing Long walked over to him, engaging themselves in a one-sided conversation. Qiao Chen and Jia Le leaned their heads against the back of the bench, trying to regain the energy they had lost during their friendly matches against Guo Zi earlier. Jia Li then began picking up the empty bottles that the guys had left around messily, throwing them in the waste bins as to keep herself preoccupied whilst the rest uninterestingly banter at each other.

"Hey, aren't you going to offer me some drink as well?" Guan Yue smiled at her, obviously liking the way how Jia Li got easily annoyed at his mere presence.

"Want this?" She sarcastically asked, lifting an empty bottle that she was about to throw away.

Qiao Chen begrudgingly lifted up his head and frowned at Guan Yue, "Hey, Guan Yue, stop hitting on my best friend. She's off limits."

Guan Yue rolled his eyes at him, "My data's never wrong. Last time I checked, she's not off limits. She just have an overprotective brother and someone who has a crush on her."