51: Friendly Matches (Part I)

The following days of Si Yang's absence, the team fell in a gloomy atmosphere. Although they'd been training hard lately, their activeness wasn't there anymore. Their faces were mostly morphed into depression or somber looks, constantly remembering their captain's presence. Jia Li sighed for the umpteenth time, eyes zeroing at the team who were lounging around with gloomy moods. If Si Yang were to see the team right now, she could definitely imagine the punishments he'd bark at them.

She had been spending quite a lot of time with the team after Si Yang left, constantly being the support buddy they needed to rant to whenever they missed their captain. Her fingers rubbed her forehead and one hand placed on her waist as she let out an exasperated sigh at everyone scattered around just playing with the tennis balls, not really practicing.

It wasn't until a familiar voice pulled her attention, including everyone else's. She turned her head towards the direction of the indoor tennis court's entrance where a group of players suddenly emerged wearing pastel blue and white tennis jerseys, their tennis bags slung over their shoulders.

"Is this the Yu Qing Tennis Club?" The all too familiar smirk was etched on Jing Wu's lips as he glanced around the plain blue and white surroundings of the indoor court.

Huang Jing glared as he was near the entrance doing some sit-ups. He stood up and pointed his racket at them, "Hey, what are you doing here, losers?" But the rival team simply ignored him, walking past his figure as if they owned the place.

"With this kind of team morale, maybe you should just let us play against Hai Guang instead." Jing Wu scoffed, stopping at where the main players were at.

Lu Xia gave him a hard look, emphasizing each syllable he uttered, "In your dreams."

Jia Li slowly retreated to the side, watching the two teams' exchange as Jing Wu snickered, stepping forward, "So, would you dare face us again?"

"Ji Jing Wu," Da Yong smirked. "Si Yang isn't here now."

Of course, Jing Wu knew that because he was the one who sent Si Yang to Germany for his arm's treatment. Jia Li thought to herself but kept her mouth shut.

"Even without our captain, we can still win." Lu Xia stated. He was always the confident one in their team, not fearing any opponent.

Jia Le then appeared beside him, hesitantly glancing at Xing Yao, "Lu Xia, are you sure about that?"

"They wouldn't dare."

Jing Wu then furrowed his eyebrows, walking slightly around, glancing at Yu Qing's main players, "I bet you're the only here who's confident to say something like that."

At that, the rest of the once scattered team, formed a straight horizontal line, facing off against Xing Yao with taunting facades to which Jing Wu smirked.

Their matches all commenced at the same time. Jia Li watched, amused at Song Ci who was playing against Zhi Ming. When Zhi Ming won, Song Ci slumped himself to the ground, whining like a little child and pointed his racket at the data-tennis player. "I don't want to play with you anymore." He then huffed and crossed his legs. "I hate playing with people like you who calculate everything. I'd rather play with two other people in a row who aren't like you."

Needless to say, she burst out laughing at how childish he looked.

Xing Yao's Captain was playing against Lu Xia, who appeared to have a difficult time playing. Because of that, Jing Wu switched his racket to his left hand and snapped his fingers, "I'm done. This is boring."

"Why? We're not done yet." Lu Xia asked as the rest of their teammates gathered.

"Only when you get as good as Si Yang." Jing Wu raised his eyebrows. Typical Ji Jing Wu, always considering Si Yang as his only opponent.