20: Sibling Worries

The match between Guo Zi and Yu Qing started when both teams shook hands with each other. Jia Li noticed the boy opposite of Zhuo Zhi, begrudgingly shook hands with him. She nudged Xing Long, who had arrived beside her, "Senior, do you know who was that guy beside Guan Yue?"

Xing Long looked at where the Guo Zi players were warming up, "You mean Zhuo Yu?"

"Zhuo Yu?" Jia Li asked, unsure.

He nodded, "That's Zhuo Yu, Zhuo Zhi's younger brother. He had some misunderstandings with Zhuo Zhi and transferred from Yu Qing. Why do you ask?"

"I just noticed Senior Zhuo Zhi always looking at him." Jia Li shook her head. "Like he wanted to talk to him or something."

Xing Long smiled, "That's just Zhuo Zhi being worried about his brother." He then patted her shoulder as Si Yang looked at their direction, "Well, I'll go back there now, Jia Li. We'll see you after."

Jia Li nodded and watched the team warm up. She frowned as the Golden Partners headed to one of the courts whilst Qiao Chen and Bai Yang headed to the other. Are they going to hold the two doubles game at the same time? Jia Li was torn between them, but she knew her brother always came first. So, she stood by the rails above the court whilst majority of the students cheered by the other court for Bai Yang and Qiao Chen.

The match started out well for Yu Qing. But as the game progressed further, Da Yong and Jia Le found themselves in a tough game. Her eyes zeroed at her brother, who now seemed distracted, completely bothered at how their opponents were playing. He started playing differently unlike the past games wherein he was so energetic. His returns were always out, and he was physically drained, constantly rubbing his eyes.

Jia Li became worried, Something's not right. Jia Le's out of focus.

Jia Li glared at Guo Zi's strategist, who was already looking at her with a smug look. It was so obvious how Qiao Ze was targeting Jia Le. His 'Special Backhand' move was the one disrupting Jia Le's vision. The afterimages caused him to lose focus and tire out his eyes. They were turning slightly red from being rubbed. Because of his pain and exhaustion, his energy was being squeezed out of him.

They were only able to breakthrough when they applied the 'Australian Formation' in the game, which made their opponents surprised. However, Guo Zi quickly recovered and drained Jia Le more, making the entire team worried for him. His body was being supported by Da Yong during the break; eyes squeezed shut and his body was swaying as if he were about to collapse anytime. Jia Li knew her brother had the weakest stamina among the team. But seeing him in this state made her heart clench. What's worse was that she couldn't do anything to help him but watch from the side.

When the game resumed, Jia Li watched helplessly as her brother stood in his position — head bowed, eyes closed, body bent over with his racket used as a stand. Da Yong was left to hold the fort alone. She wanted to yell out and pull her brother away from there, but she knew Jia Le wouldn't want that. Her photography project was long forgotten as her hands tightened around the rails. She glared very hard at Guan Yue, cursing him in her head. Was this what he warned her about earlier?

Two consecutive sets were given up to Guo Zi — a baffling plan that made the viewers question Da Yong's motive. Through the years Jia Li had known him, she knew this was his only plan to give Jia Le enough time to recharge. Jia Le was able to recharge, thankfully. Yet despite that, the Golden Partners still lost the match. But Jia Li didn't care about it. Her only focus was that her brother was alright. He should be.

She immediately flew down to her brother and Da Yong, not caring if anyone saw her with them. She helped Da Yong support him as they went straight to the hospital to have Jia Le checked. To their relief, nothing major happened to him. He was just advised to rest properly.