Chapter 61

Relief had rolled off Nik in waves when he'd finally returned to the bayou, not only to find his son there but his little sister as well. Granted, he was still concerned that Marcel hadn't woken up from whatever torture Finn had put him through, but Davina had assured them that he would be fine.

Nik, Isa and Rebekah now sat in one of the many libraries in the compound as Isa held burning sage while they conversed with Elijah over the phone. Rebekah had supposedly encountered Freya during her time away, the eldest Mikaelson child that everyone had believed to be dead for well over a thousand years seeing as not even Elijah had met her. Rebekah hadn't had the chance to ask if Dahlia was real or not because she'd spent the few encounters she'd had trying to determine whether or not 'Freya' had been telling the truth. Their debate didn't reach a decision when they finally bid farewell to Elijah.

Julian had then dropped by to ask for a favour in person. He wanted to ask for Isa's help planning his wedding and he was hoping to hold it in the compound. He'd love to have had it in the bayou but there was no way for them to secure such a large area. And the compound was a rather beautiful place to have a wedding, especially when Rebekah and Isa were through with it because like hell Rebekah wasn't going to help plan the wedding.

"What in hell else have I missed?" she'd exclaimed when she'd discovered the wedding in the first place.

"Well, our brother is engaged to his doppelganger, we locked Finn in a coffin, your sister is part witch, and a wicked one at that because she has a nefarious plan that requires your assistance," Nik explained, leaving his sister quite flabbergasted.

"Well, I'm not just sitting here burning sage for nothing," Isa snarked before she explained her plan to Rebekah which had her heart melting.

Isa had then been telling her sister all about her magic when Rebekah's phone rang and she stepped out of the room as Kol stepped in, smiling a little at the sage that his sister was successfully burning. But his smile faded as he gathered the courage to speak. "You don't have to tell me, but I'm a thrill-seeker, so I have to ask," he'd said cryptically as Nik had sat on the sofa with an arm around his wife.

"Ask us what, Kol?" Isa questioned.

Kol played with his fingers before he looked up at them and asked, "What is the big secret that all the fuss is about?"

The couple went rigid.

"From what I gather, you two, Rebekah and Elijah know, maybe Marcel which is why Finn grabbed him last night. And now I'm assuming Finn knows. I'd just like to be in the loop with the rest of my family," Kol admitted and Isa turned to her husband.

"Should we tell him?"

Nik stood as he faced his brother and said, "You have proved yourself a worthy ally, Kol. If we tell you this, if we trust you with this, it never leaves your lips. Am I understood?"

"You have my word, brother. I shall not utter it to another soul."

Nik turned to Isa who said, "He means it."

"Tell him then," Nik ordered tiredly as he lay on the couch, his head on Isa's lap as she played with his hair and he closed his eyes.

"You are an uncle, Kol."

Her brother just stared at her confused. "What?"

"Our daughter is alive. Elijah and Katherine are with her now. She's the secret that all the fuss has been about."

Kol collapsed into a chair. "My niece is alive?" he asked in disbelief, tears lining his eyes as Isa gave him a warm smile. "But you said you watched her die?!"

"There may have been a couple of times where we had to lie in front of our parents, but for the most part, we told the truth. There were people that helped orchestrate her murder, but we never said she was murdered. We did indeed watch as a dagger was held over her heart and we were helpless to stop it. But yes, she's alive."