Hunters, Hybrids and Hijinks

Nik was not happy. He was not happy in the slightest. He was prolific in several different languages and yet, he didn't have the words to express how unhappy he was in any of those languages as he strolled into the entryway of the Lockwood Manor. He, his wife and his little sister had been halfway to Chicago when they'd received a frantic call from Mayor Lockwood about her son being attacked. She had begged them for help to protect her son which was what they promised her when they arrived in town. So, very, very reluctantly they had turned around and come to help.

"I should've killed you for that little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart and leaving me in a coffin to rot," Nik growled, but Tyler pushed back.

"Yeah, well you used my body as an escape hatch and kissed my girlfriend. Maybe we're even."

Nik's glare could kill. "Not even close. Especially after what you put my wife through."

Tyler's hardened expression fell slightly, fear starting to seep into him.

"But, I did make a promise to your mother to protect you and I am a man of my word, so here I am," he said flourishing his arms out. "Consider them your new bodyguards," he snarled as he gestured to four hybrids and he left the room, much more content to spend time with his wife.

********************************

Since her siblings refused to have drunk hormonal teenagers inside their mansion, even if they weren't staying in it half the time, Rebekah had compelled herself a smaller mansion to throw an anti-curfew party. And while that was happening, Isa was bored as she walked through the same four hallways inside Lockwood Manor which was a farmhouse compared to their mansion. At least until she found some fun of her own in the form of a fresh face she'd never seen before.

"You're a new face," Isa remarked to the brunette girl who was looking at photos.

"And I take it from your accent that you're an old one. Isa, right? Klaus's wife?" she said almost sassily.

"You're not wrong. Now who might you be?" Isa asked as she walked towards her.

"Hayley," the girl answered vaguely, and Isa rolled her eyes.

"You must be a werewolf friend of Tyler's," she guessed as placed her hands on her hips, leaning on one leg slightly as she could smell the scent of dog that emitted from her. "Funny because he's never mentioned you."

It was then that she heard Caroline's voice downstairs. And even better she heard the way Tyler persuaded Caroline to leave, almost as if he didn't want her here in fear of finding something he was hiding as the pieces began to put themselves together.

Isa laughed. "And I think I know why."

"It's not what you think!" she said quickly.

"And what do I think?" Isa asked a smirk on her face as her husband entered the room, instantly moving to wrap an arm around her waist.

"Now, my love, who do we have here?" he asked after pressing a kiss to her cheek.

The girl seemed more unnerved as Nik walked into the room.

"This is Hayley. Tyler's friend. Or maybe more than friend," Isa smirked suggestively as she glanced at the girl.

Hayley had opened her mouth to deny it, but Nik interrupted her. "Relax sweetheart, we're only playing with you. Now, I need to borrow my wife. We have some things to take care of before I take you out," he said to Isa as he started moving her towards the door, leaving a slightly terrified Hayley behind as she became aware she was rooming with two of the oldest and deadliest vampires in existence.