Chapter 38

TW: This chapter is a bit brutal as it mentions the abuse of a pregnant woman. Please skip this chapter if this makes you uncomfortable in anyway.

*****************************************************************

Isa was still unconscious since her neck had been snapped while Katherine was stirred after being poisoned with a concentrated shot of vervain. The shot had been intended for Isa when Katherine jumped in front of her, their attacker injecting her instead. But as Katherine stirred, she panicked thinking about how Isa's snapped neck would affect the baby. She also couldn't fight against their captor as she still felt the effects of the vervain burning her veins and making her mouth dry. She needed blood. But that didn't mean that she wasn't going to give their captor a run for his money.

She surprised Tyler Lockwood who'd gone to lift her body out of his truck, by kicking a heeled foot into his face before she launched herself out of the truckbed. Her hands that were tied together socked him in the stomach before she lashed out with her feet again, her brunette curls bouncing as she dodged and evaded Tyler's hits as his nose and mouth gushed blood. But the battle was sufficiently over when Tyler grabbed her ropes and spun her around, his fangs growing before he sank them into her neck and she cried out as the venom from his bite began to flow through her dried veins. She was near limp in his arms as he scooped her up, the girl now too dizzy to put up a fight.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, you little mutt?!" she spat as Tyler walked through what Katherine assumed was the bayou.

"You can't fight a hybrid," he growled as he carried Katherine into an old wooden shack and set her down.

"What do you want with us?!" she asked as he tied her ropes to a metal structure to prevent her from moving. Isa's unconscious form was lying next to Katherine, her wrists already tied up.

"What did you do to her?"

"Well, it's kind of obvious what I want with her. Tried to take her in the bayou the other night but those damn witches took me down," he said gesturing down to Isa.

"You were the wolf that killed all those witches," Katherine said in realisation. "You tried to take Isa then."

"As for what I did to her, I broke her neck. Whatever happens to that monstrosity inside her, well, I can't say that I care." Katherine looked like she was going to spit at him but before she could, Tyler dug a finger into the angry wound on her neck as she screamed. "But you? You're just collateral damage. You are going to die just like Klaus and Isa killed Caroline."

It was then that another werewolf walked in, one Tyler called Dwayne. And Dwayne handed Tyler an empty syringe.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Katherine asked, panic rising in her chest as Dwayne held down Isa's body.

"Klaus destroyed everything good about my life! Now I'm going to return the favour by taking away the two things he wants the most," the Lockwood snarled before he jabbed the needle into Isa's stomach. The second the needle penetrated the skin of her belly, Isa's eyes snapped open as a brutal scream escaped her lips and scratched at her vocal cords. Tyler pulled the plunger up as the needle filled with scarlet liquid despite Isa's hysterics as she screamed her guts out.

"STOP! STOP IT! I WILL KILL YOU ALL!" Katherine roraed as she raged against her restraints, helpless to do anything as Tyler withdrew the needle and Dwayne let go of Isa who was still bawling as she curled into a ball, praying to any go that would listen that her baby was ok.
Katherine's screams had quietened as tears trailed down her face and she watched Isa shake. And her shaking and silent sobs didn't stop as Tyler stabbed the needle into Dwayne's neck, injecting him with the blood of Isa's baby. And Katherine could only watch with an open mouth as Tyler snapped Dwayne's neck and let his body fall to the ground.