Daffodil Drama

Rebekah had been recovered and she was ok. When she heard the commotion with Nik and his captors, he'd given her the same warning he gave his wife. And for the second time in the last 24 hours, Rebekah was forced to flee as she left another one of her family behind. She'd hidden herself away in the tunnels beneath Mystic Falls, for no one knew them better than her family. She only resurfaced when Elijah had called her.

Elijah had made a deal with the Doppelbitch and her lovesick bodyguards, and now Rebekah and Isa were on the way to pick up her husband's desiccated body. Isa refused to let her husband's body into anyone else's care and Rebekah was there to make sure that Isa didn't murder Damon for taking her husband in the first place. You couldn't blame her though, because Isa was barely holding herself together as she and Rebekah walked into the storage facility.

"Damon. Damon, where are you?" Rebekah called through the rows and rows of roller doors. The Mikaelson sisters ended up picking random directions as they navigated the labyrinth they found themselves in. "Damon this isn't funny!" Rebekah called out again. They turned a corner, their steps becoming slower as they saw the corridor of broken-into storage facilities, the dozens of roller doors yanked open, but the contents untouched.

It was then that hands wrapped around their mouths before they could scream, and they were pulled out of the corridor.

"Shhh. Alaric is here. Shhh," Damon, barely managing to hold both the girls as they calmed. "We gotta get Klaus out of here," he said, and they sped off as they followed him.

********************************

Isa, Rebekah, and Damon rolled Klaus's coffin towards the car and they were almost there before Alaric appeared in their path. He smacked Rebekah's head into the car before throwing her onto the floor, kicking Damon down next to her as well.

Isa, in her rage, managed to get several good hits and kicks in before Alaric managed to grab her arms as he sent her crashing to the ground too. Rather than getting up, Damon had grabbed an emotional Rebekah as he held her back while Isa was just frozen as the realisation dawned on her. They were alive only because Alaric wasn't after them. They couldn't stop him, much less fight him. They weren't going to win this.

And she was right as Alaric plunged the white oak stake, that was wrapped in the melted silver of his old ring, into her husband's heart.

Isa's breathing became frantic as if she couldn't swallow enough air, but it wasn't until Nik began to burn that Isa let out a truly heartbreaking scream. A scream where something inside of her broke and she couldn't hold it in anymore. Isa was breaking on the floor, uncaring if Alaric staked her next because then at least, she'd be able to join her husband. Her screams were ones of pure pain as Damon yanked her to her feet and shoved her and Rebekah away telling them to run while he faced Alaric because they were indeed going to be his next victims.

********************************

Isa was catatonic as she and Rebekah faced Elijah, her tears silent in a constant stream down her face as they stood, hidden in the woods of Mystic Falls.

"There was nothing I could do to stop it," Rebekah sobbed as she explained what happened to their brother. The Original had tears in his eyes too as he swept them both into a hug. Rebekah hugged him, but Isa didn't move.

She couldn't feel anything. She was numb. Empty. Hollow.

Elijah pulled away, shooting Isa a sympathetic look as he then said, "Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived. You said that Niklaus turned their bloodline."

"I thought he did," Rebekah said.

"It wasn't me and it wasn't Kol," Elijah pressed.

"It wasn't me, Elijah."