Oh Dear...Daddy's Dead

After Isa's breakdown, she and Klaus spent every second together as they traveled. Seattle, North Dakota. Oregon. The latter being where they were now. A dull dreary town, but anything was better than being in Mystic Falls again. She and Klaus alternated between making hybrids and making the hotels they stayed at give them new rooms, because, for some strange reason, their beds kept breaking. Nothing a little compulsion couldn't fix anyway.

It had been a blissful time. Rebekah even called to check up on her and the two spoke fairly frequently.

Klaus, on the other hand, was practically beaming almost all the time. Between his wife and his successful hybrids to keep her safe from Mikael, why wouldn't he be?

But, not even magic could stop it as their good time came to an end.

The ending came when she and Klaus had been turning a pack late at night and he got a phone call, from none other than Stefan Salvatore. It instantly put Klaus in a bad mood. Stefan wouldn't be calling to discuss the latest football game. It couldn't be good. Klaus knew it as well as he put an arm around Isa in support, for both her and himself. "Portland is fantastic, once you get over the whiney music, and healthy-looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves," he said in a breath, not bothered with greetings.

"Your father's dead."

They both froze.

Klaus almost dropped the phone. "What did you say to me?" he asked softly as he met Isa's eyes.

"Oh, my mistake," Stefan said sarcastically. "Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered."

Klaus was silent. His paranoia kicking in around now, if it hadn't already.

"What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me, exactly what happened," Klaus ordered slowly as he guided Isa back towards the wolves.

Isa blocked it out. She blocked out Stefan's explanation. She didn't trust him. Even compelled she didn't. It seemed too easy. This was Mikael. This was the Original that had hunted them for millennia. The man whose hatred for Klaus was magnified a thousandfold as a vampire. He doesn't go down. At least not by the Salvatore's and the latest doppelganger bitch. Something was off.

Klaus moved away from her as he snarled. "I wanna see him. I wanna see his rotting body for myself."

"Well, he's here. Come by whenever," Stefan said and Isa didn't like the sound of his voice. Playing that one sentence over in her head she heard the tones in it. The nerves. Worry. And that last sentence reeked of eagerness and anticipation. He was hiding something.

Her husband looked at her and she shook her head. Klaus's elbow raised into the air as he held the phone and said, "If you're lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life. Is what you are saying the truth?"

"It's true," his voice said through the phone. "I saw it with my own eyes."

"Bekah," Isa mouthed and Klaus angled his head as he ordered,

"I want to talk to Rebekah."

"That's not a problem. She's right here," Stefan said and there was static on the phone for a second as it was handed over.

"Hello Nik," she said, and her voice sounded shaky, nervous.

"Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?" Klaus asked his sister.

Silence.

"It's true," she said finally. "He's finally out of our lives for good."

Klaus closed his eyes for a second, seeming to believe her. Isa was almost swayed, but she was still uneasy.