49. Way Back Home

…six months later…

Third Person’s P.O.V.

“Aisle three? Ok thanks!” Jin skipped and trotted his way, stuffing the cart with whatever caught his eye and anyone passing could easily catch the over-excited glint in his eyes.

“Jin” Hoseok huffed, losing his patience and his breath now as he tried to catch up with him “goddamn! Will you slow down?!” He hurried behind him watching him turning around a corner to head to another aisle now.

Taehyung was coming back home the next day, and Jin had planned to have a sort of 'homecoming' party for him.

“It’s been three hours you know, I bet she is badly missing you by now” Hoseok spoke, trying to get Jin’s attention with a topic he just couldn’t disregard.

“We’ve been here for three hours?!” Jin straightened up alarmed from where he was crouching to get the right sauces for the dishes he had planned to cook for lunch tomorrow.

“Three hours, twenty-five minutes and…sixteen seconds to be precise” Hoseok cleared and watched Jin hastily stuff the things he could manage to grab and dashed to the billing counter.

“Yoongs is gonna kill us” he thought out loud "Kook will be late today so he told me to come back within a couple hours or he'd miss his night-shift". Jin giggling worriedly while swiping his card and helping the girl over the counter to quickly pack up the stuff. However, when they reached home they couldn’t help but adore the scene. Yoongi had fallen asleep on the couch and Soohee slept on his chest mumbling incoherently in her sleep.

That night Jin couldn’t calm down, after showering he sat with Soohee, changing her into a soft blue overall for the night while he kept rambling mindlessly to her about how glad he was, and how she was in for a surprise tomorrow, and how unlucky she had been to miss out knowing her dad. She looked at him with wide gleeful eyes, happy to see her Appa smiling and playing with her but unaware of what he actually meant.

The next morning the whole house was a mini pandemonium with Jungkook trying every possible way to keep Soohee engaged while Jin stayed utterly busy in preparing the lavish lunch he had planned for. Soohee not quite happy about the fact that she couldn’t get to see her Appa all morning and wailed agitatedly, Hoseok and Yoongi going on and off about one thing or the other as they tried to help Jin and Jin trying to be the master of all trades-cooking, looking out for Soohee, calling Namjoon to check how long till they could reach the house, since he was going to drop Jimin and Minjae and then head to get Taehyung.

And hours later Hoseok, Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook sat down with a huff as they finished setting up everything to Jin’s liking while Minjae and Soohee happily played in the playpen, lost in their own world as they babbled with the toys.

“Take a breather or you’re gonna pass out by the time he arrives” Yoongi spoke to Jin, who was trying to call Namjoon for the fiftieth time to ask how long till they would arrive.

“Yeah…I just” he breathed out, glancing around the living room, the food on the table, the kids “I just can’t wait…it’s been so long that I just feel so…lucky, I guess” he softly shrugged, smiling to himself “we’ve been through so much that thinking about good times kinda scares me...what if it gets taken away again...” his hands shivered a little in his worry.

Jimin came up to lead him to join them on the couch “calm down will you and just look forward to your future together” he gently massaged his shoulders, trying to help him with his jitters.

But the calm was short lived and Jin sprang up the moment they heard a honk outside, sprinting to get the door when those honks continued and everyone straightened up in excitement. Jungkook and Jimin hurriedly picked Soohee and Minjae, all of them heading towards the door as well.