59. Nothing Else Matters

#Warning:
-Violence
-Blood
-Angst
-Death

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Namjoon was going berserk at the headquarters, Hoseok was out with the Chief’s troops patrolling around for hours to look for any trace or evidence that’d give him even the slightest hint of where Taehyung, Jungkook or Byun could be but still no such luck.

The news was out.

The accident that led to the disappearance of a convicted terrorist, a colonel and an officer was the headlines everywhere.

But only a handful of people were aware of the disappearance of two more…Jin and Soo were nowhere to be found as well.

“There must be something, right? They couldn’t have just vanished, right? There must be some proof…we should…we have to-” “Jimin” Namjoon put his hands on his shoulders as he watched Jimin pace around their living room, his face contorted in fear and breath anxious as he stared up at him “we are trying…please trust me…”

And Jimin let his apprehension take over as tears spilled down his eyes “I-I am just…so so scared” he sniffled as Namjoon pulled him close “they were just starting to settle together…and-and now…oh god Joon, what are we going to do?”

Namjoon gulped having nothing to say for the first time, he didn’t know what he was going to do…he had been trying every way he could think to search for any possible leads for even the slightest hint of information but everything seemed to hit a dead end after a while.

“For now, all we can do is hold on to hope.”

But Namjoon knew that every failed minute was a greater foreboding to everything that could have gone wrong…a premonition of them never being found ever again.

A couple more days passed in failed attempts, the media coming up with all sorts of theories and sinister ideas which put greater fear in the hearts of Hoseok, Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon.

“Shut it off…fucking idiots…what the fuck do they even know huh?! They’re just making shit up!!” Hoseok grumbled cursing at the news through the screen and Yoongi sighed to himself as he watched the other walking away to get a shower before his gaze moved towards Namjoon on the other couch.

“So, what do we do? It’s been days Namjoon” he watched the other sit with a lowered head, his shoulders slumped and he could almost see the exhaustion in the other, proving the fact that Namjoon hadn’t been sleeping at all.

“I have a news but I don’t know what to make of it”

Yoongi’s brow creased at the words as his attention grew sharper “what news?”

“There was an accident in an old mill some couple hundred kilometres away from the river, it was a minor news and the county sheriff had reported that the ratty abandoned building must have collapsed on its own. But I had my doubts so I called the sheriff and asked him to send a unit to check the site one more time…well, the bad news is they said they found nothing, almost nothing…and that’s the good news because I have a feeling that they're not telling us everything…that is, if we can call the other thing a good news at all…”

Namjoon picked his head up, the dejection clear on his face and Yoongi could tell he was rambling as an effect of how troubled he actually was “the hospital nearest to that site reported about a man who had been in the mill during the collapse and sought information about that the guy because they couldn’t identify the guy but the actual good news is…he is alive.”

“You think…could it be?” Yoongi felt just as restless at the news, his mind a pool of questions as well.

“I don’t know what to think…so I’m going over there tomorrow morning” Namjoon let his head fall into his hands “how did it end up this messed up?”