15. Nothing Stays the Same

One month later...

An elevator dings to open at the large lavish penthouse, elegant furnishings and gold light adorned the expanse to give it a splendidly luxuriant aura as two men dressed in silk blazers and snake skin loafers strode over the lushly carpeted floor.

"The job is done, they handed the project to us" the silver-head spoke as they headed to take a seat by the huge glass wall showing a glimmering night view of the city. It was a time to relax away the days' grit and ache over a few glasses of serenity.

"I like the way the kid works, you should be proud of him Byun" the taller dark-haired man voiced as his eyebrows quirked up to tease the other "a little defiant, but useful". He spread his arms over the back pillow of the plush beige sofa and put his legs on the low table "I'm quite glad that he survived despite my orders that night".

His dark hairs fell in streaks over one side of his face as he lowered his head and suddenly turned grim "can't trust him yet, but I am in dire need of that rage that burns within him, just needs a bit of tempering" he grabbed the glass of whiskey the silver-head passed to him "dogs who cannot behave need to learn their position, and until then they need to be leashed and kept in fear".

The elevator dinged a second time and in walked a tall slender figure, his cobalt shirt had a few droplets of blood stains and it clung to his skin as he ruffled out of the heavy dark over coat letting it fall to the floor, he threw away the mask covering his face as he tramped up to where the two were enjoying their quiet time.

A file skidded across the table spewing out a bundle of papers in the process as the dark-haired young man threw it to the one on the big beige sofa, he was literally fuming with only a thin veil of restraint covering his enraged heart.

"How many more do you want to kill? I told you I will do it my way, why did you have to put snipers?" His fists pressed angrily to his sides as he fought against voicing the curses cascading from his brain to the tip of his tongue.

The man on the sofa calmly finished his glass before standing up to walk around the table to face his agitated enquirer. He straightened his blazer and let his burnt sienna eyes pierce into the other's intimidating glare.

"You said you wouldn't kill for me. I am only trying to be considerate of your wishes kid. All you do is take the blame" a smirk crept up his lips as he explained "You have got to earn the image to be one of us, V."

Jungkook's P. O. V.

"Yeah well it's not what I'd have wanted but at least things are working out" the car took a right turn as I swerved the steering wheel "if you can call this working things out". My mind scuttled across the patches of irritable memories from last month.

"You'll both be fine, just listen to what the officials say. I'm not worried about Hoseok, he's good at handling situations and new people. It's you I'm worried about, you can't keep being the dumb new kid Jeon! Things are gonna get more challenging I'd suggest you keep your eyes open."

Yes, things have changed a lot.

The arrest warrants were called off after the one we were protecting decided to take things in his own hands and had committed the unthinkable.

"I just wish he would have told us what he was planning to do, still I'm glad nobody got hurt. At least we got to live, got our dignity restored" Col. Wang chuckled but his voice was almost grieving. "How's Seokjin?" He asked trying to veer away from the topic.

"His finals start today, I'm going to pick him up. He's almost healed completely so he didn't want to skip his finals" it had been really difficult initially, things have been a bit better after Jimin came to live with him.