21. Bruises [M]

[#Warning: This chapter contains mature content]

Third Person's P. O. V.

"The plan is set, all you have to do is get the warheads out of there before the place is blown" "But why do I need to be there? Can't he do it by himself?" A completely frustrated Jungkook countered to an adamant Sunmi.

"No, two of you need to be there. You get the warheads, he ensures to leave no trace of you being there, well, more like no trace of the building being there" she was starting to lose her patience now, it is ridiculous to see that the issue of such powerful and fierce parents turned out to be this measly blood-fearing kid.

"Stop whining, or you're going to get thrashed again" she could not understand how he would someday become the heir to Axel, her eyes set on the dejected face of her boy and although she knew this weakness in him had been the reason why Kai had been overly strict and cruel to him, a tiny part of her did pity the boy.

When she had gotten pregnant with Jungkook she was crazy for Kai, crazy to the point of obsession, it didn't matter to her how Kai treated her or where he led her or what he demanded from her, she would unthinkingly give in to his commands and maybe that is the reason why she had been the worst possible mother to little Kook. She had tried to give away the kid as a baby, believing poverty and starvation would be better for him than being a part of this life. She didn't want to bring a child into the life she had chosen for herself.

But sadly, fate had other plans for the boy...

"I can make sure you don't have to meet him, but you do have to get the warheads" and she could instantly see a tiny dot of light return to his eyes "I can be the intermediate link between you two, but you have to promise me not to screw up, which I fear you will being the weak-ass you are".

"I promise! I swear I won't screw up!" His desperation flew high and he gripped at the edge of the desk.

"Mhmm, I will be the judge of that" her eyes returned to the ledgers sprawled on her desk "tonight, 10 p.m. sharp, you know how Kai hates you being late".

Taehyung's P. O. V.

A tickling breath roamed my face, fond fingers traced over my brow to move away my unruly locks. I felt him shuffle in my arms and drape an arm around my neck as his lips pressed a line of soft kisses along my face "wake up" his soft teasing whisper at my ears was too tempting and I couldn't wait anymore to see him.

A glowing Seokjin with slightly puffy gleeful eyes and a soft brown bed-head greeted my day making my breath catch in my throat as I took a note to myself, this is the best thing I have ever seen in my life, let's try and get more of this.

"Good morning" he smiled, and I watched him with awe. How beautiful it would be if I could wake up like this with you every morning...

Reflexively my arms tightened around him as I pushed my head to his shoulder feeling his warmth entwine with mine, mouthing his soft skin craving for more of his sweet summer wind and lavender taste.

I've been so dreadfully bad at being good to you, and maybe you'd only want to hate me more, but I still want you...my one quiet hope anchoring me to stay human...

"I need a shower Tae, I stink" he tries to push away from my embrace "let go" he whines as I drape a leg over him making sure he cannot move away. "No, stay" I pressed my lips on his and pulled him on top of me.

This must be what happiness feels like

I licked at his bottom lip to let me in and a blaze set through me as he kissed me back, open mouthed and ardent. My hands glide over his back, slowly feeling every inch of him as I let my mind memorize every dip and curve of his body. I grab at his hips intentionally digging my nails.