1. Operation Ajax

#Warning! This chapter contains violence, death and angst.

"Joohyukah are you at your position? The target is on its way, the shipment has already arrived," a deep voice spoke in the earpiece. "Yep! I received an alert from BamBam." A lively young voice replied in between his chewing. "What is that noise? Are we being intercepted?" The voice inquired with a hint of worry. "Peanuts" Kim Joohyuk replied. "Is that a code or something?" The worry rising. "I'm having peanuts hyung! All this waiting in the middle of the night is getting me hungry" the younger complained. "Aish this brat! Get armed and get alert!" A gruff rebuke came from the other end of the line, the younger silently rolled his eyes. "I gave you an order soldier." The deep voice demanded more stern than before which made Joohyuk reflexively straighten up and alert "Yes Sir!"

"BamBam read me the positions" he said climbing up further to reach his vantage point. The dockyard was deserted and eerily silent, a few high-mast lights creating the perfect ominous mix of light and shadow. A fitting setting for illegal exchanges, the ones the world does not need to know about or else any idea of security and safety be it at home or beyond borders would sound like a freaking joke!

"Young-Jae is hot." BamBam replied. "Jeez could you control your horniness for a while. We're on a mission!" Joohyuk whisper-yelled into his mouthpiece. "I'm using a code you blubber-brained idiot!" The other huffed angrily, "I mean Young-Jae is armed and ready at his position!" "Copy that." Joohyuk replied with a confused chuckle. "Jin-Young is 300 yards to your right, 4o'clock." BamBam notified seeing at the screen how the other's eyes keenly followed his directions. "Minho and Taehyung are on their way here, pursuing the target." "Could you trace the shipment yet?" Joohyuk's voice dipped down a note. "Namjoon forwarded me the details of its shipping and the tentative arrival, I know it's arrived since the last hour yet not been recorded in the official charts. It must be in the north west part of the harbor, right by the water. Judging by the details of shipping it must be quite a big cargo, I'm still trying to check it's exact contents and the container number. But it's tricky." Taehyung and Minho listened to the information over the intercom, "can you track the ship that delivered it?" Taehyung asked, his brows knitting in concern. "Give me a minute" hasty tapping and clicking of keys followed on the other end. "Argo" Jackson's serious voice came through the earpiece "it's the ship's name which delivered the cargo". "Guys, I traced the container, 0003911 Ajax" BamBam declared. "Copy. Stand by till further orders, keep your weapons hot but no firing till I give the go." Taehyung ordered his team. Minho eyed him with a smirk "let's get this done team!"

Heavy firing followed close at their tail as the car swerved from left to right, trying desperately to to steady itself on its route despite the loss of one of its hind tyres. "Shittt! BamBam, Young-Jae, anyone! Talk to me!" Minho shouted into his mouthpiece trying to reach out to the team, holding on for his dear life. "Still no response?" Taehyung was trying his best to keep the car steady, they had to reach the dock despite their dire situation; before things could get uglier than it already was.

Right after the team had learnt about the container, Jin-Young informed that he noticed a group of men stealthily making their way to the cargo. He asked permission to take a closer look and Taehyung agreed, he ordered Young-Jae(sniper) to cover him. BamBam informed there were four of them, their faces covered in masks. Joohyuk notified that they were carrying some sort of equipments, it was then they realized that someone was trying to break open the container to acquire the shipment. Whoever it was they were definitely mafia. The next thing that happened made their blood run cold.

A heavy pained grunt followed by a full thud responded through everyone's earpiece. "Young-Jae!" BamBam shrieked in terror. But before they could process what was going on , they heard the boy sob into his mouthpiece. "Hallelujah fellas!" An unknown voice spoke into their ear right before the sobs came to an abrupt halt, and their earpieces and mouthpieces died down. Taehyung's stomach churned realizing what was happening, they must have been intercepted or worse, revealed. He decided to disregard the commands of his higher-ups and headed towards the harbor. Fuck orders, his team always comes first.

The minute they drove into the dockyard they two jumped off the car hurrying to find the members. Minho hurried towards the control room where BamBam was supposed to be , desperately praying that his fears would be proved wrong. Taehyung, on the other hand, ran towards the north-west side of the harbor. He feared the worst for BamBam and Young-Jae, but for now he had to make sure Joohyuk and Jin-Young are safe. Scanning with rushed movements he finally spotted the container 0003911 Ajax, its door ajar. Before he could take the next step the container blew up, the violent impact pushing Taehyung to the ground. He tried to sit up despite the disorientation and the ringing in his ears, he tried to look at the direction of the explosion through a hazy vision and noticed a wounded bloody body lying close to the burning container.

Taehyung dragged himself to check, half-crawling the way to find Joohyuk coughing up a stream of blood. His soul wailed at the sight. "Joohyukah!!" He couldn't hold back the tears any longer, he fidgeted trying to find a way to help the boy as tears streamed down his face "Joohyukah!" He grabbed the barely breathing body and embraced him hoping he could lend his life to save the younger's. "H-hyu..nng..." a feeble voice spoke in his ear. "I'm here Hyukie!Hyung is here!" "Urgghh..." he coughed up some more blood and slowly lifted a shaking hand to Taehyung's face, "b-b-bo..gg..ship..ppo..ul...ko..y" his fingers painted a bloody pattern in his brother's face pausing at Taehyung's lips a moment before his body went limp and his pulse stopped. Before Taehyung could even let himself mourn for the loss gunshots echoed and a bullet pierced his shoulder making him crouch forward. He heard a heavy thud at his back and turned around to find  Minho's body lying wide-eyes with a bullet lodged in his head. Letting his eyes climb upwards he noticed a black-clothed masked figure standing atop one of the containers with a gun in hand which was aimed straight at him. Well, apparently the road ends here.

The next second the gun was shot away  from the grip of the masked stranger as Namjoon rushed in. A couple more shots were fired but the man was swift and merged in the shadows in a wink.

"Namjoon!" Jackson hollered loudly, he was stopping beside Taehyung who denied to let go of Joohyuk's lifeless body. "You need to go to a safe house, take him away. For all we know they saw both of your faces and you're probably targets now." "Taehyung, we need to go. It's dangerous to stay in the open. Jackson will take care of them now." Namjoon tried to talk some sense into him. "Go low, as low as you can. Until I find a way to contact you without risking your lives." Jackson spoke as the two dragged Taehyung to the car. The bleeding man stared blankly through the glass window with blurry vision, this was the last time he would see his brother and his best friend, the car sped off leaving the scene of Taehyung's team lying in a pool of blood.

á na márië