55. You're All I Want

Taehyung’s P.O.V.

“There…good to go” I smile buttoning up her overall and picking her up “Dad needs to pick something for Appa…so you gotta help him, okay?”

I pull on a jacket as I grab the car keys and head out.

Soohee stays perched on my arm, more delighted about the fact that we were out of the house than the reason behind it. But the moment I stepped inside the store her little mouth parted in bewilderment, snapping her head in every direction as she tried to trace all the lights, the colours and the glitters with wide wonderstruck eyes. I’m quite the same, I don’t like crowded places so I avoid such places with too many faces, too many noises and I guess she understood that as well.

“Dad-da star-star!” Her excited hands coiled about my neck “many-many star!” And I laughed a little, rubbing my hand on her back to get her to calm down.

I was here to pick up our wedding rings, and with as little knowledge I have about it I just told myself to man up and get on with it. The first mission had been declared and in a few days I’ll have to join Jungkook and Hoseok for an infiltration Namjoon had planned. I wanted to propose to Jin properly before I went…he deserves it, and honestly I can’t wait to see the ring on his finger…I have waited a really long time to see that.

It took us about an hour to choose, and I settled on simple wedding bands engraved with a ‘the love of my life’ 

“Think he’ll like it…?” I smiled as she watched the rings with sparkling eyes, and I couldn’t help but kiss her head feeling a sudden rush of hope and joy take over and she pushed my face away, more interested in the glittering bands than my fondness at the moment.

“You little…you like’em more than me, eh?”
She grabs the box out of my hand trying her best to understand how it opens.

“Appa’s gonna be all mine when I marry him you know” I kiss her head again and she doesn’t even bother to pay any attention to my words, being utterly concerned with the little box in her hand. Silly as it is, I enjoy how she puts up this moody attitude for me still…but I can tell I’ve grown on her. I’d say it was the best decision I took to let Jin go back to work, it made Soo learn to rely on me “and you can’t yell for his attention all the time…ok? We’ve got to come to an understanding, you hear me?”

“Dad-da” she whines, holding the box up for me, finally frustrated with her failed trials to turn to seek help from me to get it open.

I grab at it, pocketing it while she began throwing a tantrum against my actions and I knew I’d have to distract her with a sweeter deal “you wanna go see Minjae?”

I knew it’d work, she looked delighted at the suggestion and forgot everything as she kept repeating that she wanted to see Minjae. I set her in the baby seat before getting in the car.

“I heard…Hoseok told me that you declared it at the felicitation ceremony, congratulations again on that award and on your new achievement Colonel” Jimin spoke as he came to sit by me, grabbing at the box eagerly and holding his breath as he opened it “oh…it’s beautiful”.

Soohee and Minjae played delightfully, loud giggles and happy shrieks like music to my ears floated in the room and I smiled “how did I get here? It all still feels like a dream…”

Jimin turned towards the two tumbling and hopping gleefully around the living room “true, I cannot believe it either…be careful on the mission, it will be too harsh on him if he has to lose you a second time…or third?”

“It’d probably be fifth or sixth…I don’t know though, I lost count of how many times I have disappointed him” I chuckled, suddenly realizing how much pain and trouble I have actually put him through.