CHAPTER TWENTY TWO.

━━ Calum Hood,
April Eighth. ━━

I never, ever thought I would see my ex-girlfriend again in my entire life, as I thought she was states, maybe countries away from me and Dawn.

But oh boy, was I wrong.

I watched as she fought the police about being Dawn's mother, and screaming how much she was going to sue the place for not letting her see Dawn.

"I demand to see my daughter!" she roared, her face turning red from anger. "I have a right to see my daughter!"

As her eyes scanned the room, they hit my eyes and her eyebrows furrowed.

"You!" She screamed, trying to push past the police to get in my face. "You did this! You stole my daughter from me, she is not supposed to be with you! She never was!""

I clenched my jaw tightly, and Luke put his hand on my shoulder— whispering. "Stay calm."

I scoffed at Luke's statement, turning and walking to the police officer in front of Dawn's closed hospital room.

"Whatever you do, do not let her into my daughter's room." I said.

When he didn't answer, I crossed my arms. "It's court ordered that she's fully mine and I have full custody. If you so much as let her into my daughter's hospital room, I will find you and sue the fuck out of you."

His eyes widened, but he nodded. "Got it."

━━ Dawn Graham,
Her hospital room. ━━

I had just woken up, but my eyes were closed due to the bright light in front of me and the sun shining through the window.

I could hear the shouting and commotion outside, and I felt compelled to ask Michael what was going on. I turned my body to face him and opened my eyes. "What's going on out there?"

He looked at me with shocked eyes, not knowing I was awake. But he continued. "Nothing, I promise. How about we talk about your recovery process?"

I decided not to pry anymore, and nodded.

"You will be out of school for a while, since you've got the longest recovery. You will be on pain meds, and will have a cast on your arm for a long time. We're limiting you to as little as possible movement from your arm."

"How long is—" I put up air quotes, "For a while."

"A month or so," Michael nodded.

Before I could complain about how long that was, Luke and Calum entered my hospital room— And when he opened the door, the shouting was even louder.

Luke had a big smile on his face, but Calum looked exhausted and irritated, and not to mention— extremely annoyed.

His eyes lit up when he saw I was awake though, so he smiled. "Hi, Peanut." He sat down on the bed. "How's the pain today?"

"It's fine," I shrugged, trying to scan his face. "I don't hurt as bad. But I'm sore. I should sleep some more, but the lobby is loud."

He winced slightly, "I'm sorry. I didn't realize you could hear that much. There's just a lot going on, and I promise I'll explain later."

"Does it have to do with me?"

Before he could answer my question and hopefully tell me what was going on, the door slid open forcefully and a woman forcefully passed everyone. She looked scary.

Everyone stood up and in front of me, which I found confusing. However, this woman looked like she was on something. She looked scary, deranged, and angry.

"Is that her?" She shouted at Calum, getting in his face as the police rushed in and grabbed her arms. "Let go of me! That's my daughter!"

Excuse me?