CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

━━ Dawn Graham,
April fifth. ━━

I yawned, feeling extremely tired as I trudged out of bed and began rubbing my eyes. It was way too early to be up.

I whine, grabbing my phone and airpods, walking to the attached bathroom and seeing the time. Five Thirty-Three AM.

"Fuck." I mumbled and rolled my eyes. I put my phone and airpods down on the bathroom counter, grabbing two towels and beginning the shower so it could heat up.

Once it was done heating up, I let my hair down and stepped into the steaming shower and let the water run down my body. I washed my hair and body for about twenty minutes before stepping out and putting a towel in my hair and around my body.

I walked back over to the counter and turned on quiet music, grabbing my blow dryer out of the drawer and beginning to dry my hair. I put my hair in two tight french braids once I was done, and walked out of my bathroom.

I grabbed a change of clothes for today before heading back into my bathroom and brushing my teeth and washing my face. After I was done, I changed and walked back into my bedroom.

I grabbed my charger, my backpack, my school computer and the book I was currently reading. I situate everything into my bag before starting on my makeup.

I put on mascara, brush out my eyebrows and put on highlights within the corners of my eyes and a light amount on my nose.

"Fuck," I mumbled, throwing everything together once again and throwing it into my backpack before rushing down the staircase as quiet and quickly as possible.

I grab two small snacks, put on my converse, and rush out to Noelle's car.

"Goodmorning, Love." Noelle smiles as I throw my shit into the front seat and sit down in the seat.

"'Morning, Elle. Thank you so much for picking me up." I sighed deeply. "I hope I didn't wake my dad and uncles up, I was kind of loud."

"I'm sure you didn't," Noelle says as she backs out of my driveway. "But let's not worry about that. Let's get to school as soon as possible so we can see if you got on the cheer team."

━━ Calum Hood,
Seven AM. ━━

I tiredly walked down the staircase and into the kitchen where Luke stood.

"Hey, Cal." Luke hummed. "Dawn left a note."

I grabbed it from Luke's hands and read it aloud,

"Morning Calum. I left early to see if I made it on the cheer team, sorry for not letting you know. I'll be home around four. Have a nice day:) dawn x."

"Oh." I breathed out, "I hoped I would see her before she left to wish her luck."

"It's alright, it's a big deal to her so I understand her rush." Luke said, opening the fridge and grabbing the coffee creamer.

━━ Dawn Graham,
school. ━━

"Holy shit." I gasped, turning around to face Noelle. "There's no way I got in."

"You got in!"

I heard out of my ears some girls gossiping about how it was weird that "the new girl" got into the cheer team easily and they didn't. I exhaled as I heard their words, immediately feeling not excited.

"they're bitches." Noelle whispered, pushing me gently toward my locker. "You'd think they'd try to be nicer."

"Why?" I ask.

"Jacob Miller, he likes one of them and he's also kind of a sweet guy. I'd assume they'd match his energy, right?"

"Who?" I ask, raising my eyebrow as I lean against my locker.

"Jacob Miller! He's one of the most popular people in this town, it's insane." She shakes her head, "Welp. I should get going, I've got a biology test. See you, Sweets."

I watch as she walks away and rubs my left eye, beginning toward my art class. As I walk down the crowded hall, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I spin around and am met with the dark brown eyes of a boy.

"Hello," He laughs. "Sorry to startle you. I'm Jacob? We have art and tech together."

"Oh!" I smile. "So you're the Jacob I've heard about. I'm Dawn."