CHAPTER ELEVEN.

━━ Dawn Graham
March Fifth. ━━

The slurs were normal. Everybody's parents would occasionally slur their words and throw their beer bottles around, right?

The yells, screams and shouts, the glass on the living room floor. Every bit of it was normal for eight year old Dawn Graham.

Fighting everywhere, as well. No one goes a day at home without fighting, correct? Dawn tried not to think of the way he touched her.

I brought myself up, throwing my hand to my chest and trying to bring my breathing back to normal. Are the nightmares coming back? No, please, not now.

My eyes trailed to the window as my heavy breathing slowed down and I saw the street outside my window, and a street light flickering and the moon lit up the street as well. How late is it? I thought.

I grabbed my phone and hit the home button, seeing the scream light up and the time being displayed on the lit up screen. Three-Twelve am.

"Great," I mumbled.

A drop of sweat rolled down my forehead, and I quietly groaned.

I got up off the guest bed, and quickly changed into a new pair of shorts and t-shirt that wasn't drenched in sweat. I put the bedding back to normal and neatly, slowly crawling back into it right after.

I don't think I fell asleep until five am that night.

━━ Nine-Thirty AM. ━━

"Dawn?"

I fluttered open my eyes to the guest room light being turned on, and I whined, stuffing my face back into my pillow— praying the light would turn off again.

"Dawn?'' Calum's soft voice entered my ears, and I opened both of my eyes again. "Are you awake?"

"Sadly." I said into my pillow.

"Well, Good-morning to you too." He laughed. "It's time to get up! Can you be ready by Ten?"

"What time is it now?" I asked.

"Nine-Thirty."

I nodded and stretched out my body. "I guess."

He smiled at me and closed the door, leaving the guest room door.

I got up slowly after he left and grabbed a pair of leggings and a Toronto, Canada sweater and changed into the clothes, taking my sweet time.

I put my hair into a messy bun. I shoved my phone into my legging pocket, dismissing the fact that I forgot to brush my teeth. One time won't hurt.

I slowly made my way down the stairs, seeing Calum turn his head to me and smile brightly. "Are you ready to bounce peanut?" He asked, "We've got a full day ahead of us."

"As ready as I'll ever be."

━━ Eleven-Forty Five AM. ━━

"Oh my god," Michael gasped. "It's a fucking Build-A-Bear! I can make a freaking stuffed animal. Can we go? Please!" Michael begged, "Dawn, let me show you the wonders of Build-A-Bear."

"Okay!"

"We'll be right back!" Michael announced.

We ran toward the store and walked inside, taking a look at all of the stuffed animals. "Pick out the one you want, I'll pay for any." He said.

I nodded, browsing all of the available stuffed animals. I spotted a cute, yellow duck one and immediately grabbed it.

"Find one?" Michael's voice sounded from behind me.