CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.

━━ A Run Down Of Everything. ━━

For the last couple weeks, we've been deciding how we're going to decorate every room in the new house. It's very difficult.

The four guys officially bought it the day they viewed it, due to liking it so much, and immediately began redoing the things they wanted to redo.

For the kitchen, Ashton wanted to make it homey and special. He has been getting into plants lately, so he began by putting fake vines across the ceiling.

The kitchen had pretty high ceilings so it's not like it would make anyone claustrophobic.

There was enough sunlight to where it lit up the entire kitchen without the use of the main light, which makes everyone's mood somehow rise when stepping foot into the hom-ey kitchen.

Ashton managed to convince everyone to put in a coffee bar, which initially made everyone a little off— but soon enough everyone would thank him for the idea.

Moving on to the dining room, Luke decided he wanted to design it.

Luke's smart, so he went off of the vibe within the kitchen and followed Ashton's intentions. He made a nice light wood dining table, with six chairs. three on each side. and added a cute vase in the middle of the table with roses.

The house they bought had many windows and both had sun facing light, which made the dining room bright enough for comfort.

Again, moving on, everyone was in charge of something small in the living room.

They all agreed to have a nice gray colored couch. Dawn picked out all of the throw blankets and pillows, Ashton picked out the tv stand, Luke picked out the coffee stand, Michael picked out the bookshelf design, and lastly— Calum picked out the photos they put on the bookshelf.

And everyone got to design their own bathrooms— Michael and Ashton choosing to share one, because in Michael's words; "Ashton is a clean freak."

Everyone else gets their own bathroom. and after they are done remodeling, it's time to move in.

━━ Dawn Graham.
same day, eight am. ━━

I stood in the empty, for sale house. I stood in the living room where me, and my family watched multiple episodes of Gilmore Girls on endless nights.

I was going to miss this house more than anyone was going to know.

But I'm so truly excited for the new house, because now— I get to design my new room the way I want it.

━━ At New House. ━━

I groaned in pain as I lifted the box filled with things from my old room up the staircase to my loft bedroom.

"This is freaking heavy." I grumble to no one in particular, wiping the sweat that accumulated on my forehead.

Only like— five more to go.

I walked down the light brown carpeted staircase and down the one turn hallway, to another set of stairs where I walked down to where the front door was. I grabbed another box out of the uhaul van with the help of Ashton, who laughed at my struggle.

I rolled my eyes.

I huffed my chest as the box squished my cheek— it was being held against my face. I brought the box up to my room exactly like I had brought the previous one up; me groaning in pain and complaining.

Luckily, I made it to my room and set it down next to the box I had brought up ten minutes ago. I looked at the label of the box, which said— 'misc.' and the other one I previously carried up was labeled, 'Books + CDs/Vinyls.'

I then brought up the next three boxes, and some previous furniture that I had taken from the storage room in our previous house, with the help of Ashton of course.

Unfortunately, my new mattress wasn't going to be here until next Wednesday, and it was Friday which was very unfortunate because my bedroom carpet was not a cloud, but it'll have to do.

Later That Night.

I sat in my room that was a complete mess, and played on my Ipad while I waited for Calum to call me down for the dinner they were bringing home.

But instead, I got a text saying.

Daddio.
Come downstairs dork

So, I ran down two freaking flights of stairs to where everyone stood– trying to figure out what they were going to eat.

"Ah! My baby!" Luke announced, pulling me into a tight hug where his arms wrapped around my neck. "How're you feeling? I saw you hauling those boxes up your staircase all by yourself. Your back must be killing you, my dear. Want me to call Eliza to see if she can bring you in for a massage?"

Eliza is Luke's older fake sister who adopted him when he first got into the medical field, and she decided to work in the massage industry. She's thirty-five and amazing, by the way.

I hummed into his chest. "I might need that, yeah."

"Perfect." He pulled away, kissing my head. "I'll call her tonight."

"Thank you, Luke." I smiled, to which he gave back.

I walked over to where Calum stood, and he pulled me in for a side hug as he continued talking to Michael.

"I'll take all of the boxes to the storage room tonight, the empty ones?" He offered.

"That would be great!" Michael smiled, putting a grape in his mouth. "I need to vacuum my room before everyone goes to bed. I have styrofoam everywhere, It's fucking annoying."

"As long as you do it before everyone naps," Ashton says. "Your room is next to me."

"Yes sir!"

I giggled at everyone talking, and suddenly felt a wave of happiness over me. Was this really my life now? Four idiots who I care so deeply about?

I wouldn't even change it for the world.