CHAPTER EIGHT.

━━ Dawn Graham,
Home (?) ━━

"What the hell," I hear Aiden mumble as we pull up into our driveway. Our mom is standing outside with handcuffs on, and millions of police officers are surrounding our home.

Once we're parked, we both rush out of the car, and Aiden rushes over to our mom and starts asking a bunch of questions.

I walked up to her as well, "Mom, what is going on?"

"D—Dawn," She tears up. "I'm sorry."

"You have no right to be speaking to her," An officer says beside me, putting a protective arm in front of me. "She is not your daughter."

After that, the Police Officer guides me into the house and sits me down.

"As you may have heard, that woman isn't your mother. She isn't, and never has." He says softly. "I'm so, so sorry to be the one to tell you this."

I stare blankly at him. "What do you mean?"

"We looked into a ton of DNA records and also got a call from someone voicing their concern and we found tons of information about your situation." He speaks slowly, but makes sure I'm listening. "We have to get a hold of your father, and we also have to pack up your things."

"Okay." I said quietly. "What does this mean for me?"

"Well after you're done gathering your things, we have to try and get a hold of your dad. If we don't get a hold of him by tomorrow evening, we unfortunately have to put you in foster care."

I gulped anxiously. "Oh."

"I'm sorry sweetheart." He frowns.

I don't say a word, I just get up. "I'm gonna go pack."

He nods. I get up as fast as I can and rush up the stairs into my room, closing the door forcefully and feeling my chest tighten. I try to shake it away, grabbing my packing backpack and start to throw in things that are important to me.

Since my mom, or someone who I thought was my mom, didn't pay for things at all— I don't have much to pack.

When I decided I was finished packing and didn't want to take anything else, I walked back downstairs where people stood.

"Dawn," The Police Officer who broke the news to me greeted me, "We got ahold of your father, and his name is Calum."

Calum? That sounds familiar.

"He doesn't live in Canada. He actually lives in Seattle, Washington. He has requested that you be put on the next plane there, how's that sound?"