CHAPTER THIRTY THREE.

━━ Dawn Graham,
June Second. ━━

I woke up super early to get ready for my long day with my group of new friends. I got ready slowly, because I didn't really need to be awake this early, but who cares?

Today I was hanging out with Cameron, Olivia, Levi, Xavier, and Harvey. They all said they had a ton of fun things to do with me today, and to be ready 'cause it would be a long, long day.

I buttoned up my light blue denim shorts, and threw on a navy blue crop top that just barely showed my stomach. I put on a colorful necklace and some rings, pushed sunglasses on my hair and plain white socks.

I packed my bag quickly— throwing in my sandals, chapstick, an extra charger, an extra pair of socks and a shirt, a hair clip, and some snacks. I also had my airpods and phone but that stayed in my pocket.

I threw the backpack over my shoulder and rushed down the stairs of my room, down the hallway, and into the bright kitchen.

"Oh— where's dad?" I ask, looking around for my dad.

"He's at work," Luke says, kissing my forehead. I examined his mug that was in his hand, and wrote on it said 'World's Greatest Grandpa' and I snorted at that. .

"Cute mug." I commented, seeing a smirk appear on his face. "But, when he gets home, can you tell him I'm gonna be out for a little?" I asked.

"Of course.—" He pauses to grab something out of the fridge, and sets it on the counter in front of where I'm sitting. "—Drink water today. It's hot out. Promise to not be out that late? Nine being your curfew?"

"I promise." I smiled.

He smiled back at me and kissed my head once more, disappearing up the stairs and into his bedroom, I assumed.

I hummed a soft song while I put the water bottle into my bag, thanking Luke for being smarter than me.

When I was about to leave my house, I yelled goodbye and rushed down the sidewalk and to our meeting place.

Our plan for today is getting breakfast, walking through town and shopping for cute things, going to get lunch if we take a while, then walking to the river and going swimming!

I was excited to see Harvey, the more I thought and saw his face— the more I felt my heart flutter. I don't even know him. I need to stop, it'll end up being weird.

I finally made my way to where the cafe is and pushed the door open, immediately seeing Cameron, Levi, and Olivia sitting at a table.

I wave as I walk toward them and sit next to Olivia, "Hi everyone!" I say, greeting them with a smile.

"Morning!" Cameron smiles brightly, handing me a menu. "We are getting breakfast, so get anything you want. I'm paying for you since it's your first hangout with us."

"You don't have to," I say, taking the menu from her. "Really."

"I want to, don't be silly." She gave me a small grin and looked back down at her menu. I gave in and let her pay for my breakfast, making sure to find one of the cheapest things they have so she didn't have to pay that much.

While I was there, Harvey and Xavier walked in.

Harvey sat next to me and gave me a warm smile, to which I gave back, and Xavier sat next to Levi and began talking about whatever..

The seating arrangement went to Cameron on the end of one side, Levi in the middle, Xavier on the end, Harvey on the other side across from Xavier, me in the middle, and Olivia on the end across from cameron.

"Hiya," Harvey greets everyone. "Sorry, I was out on the lake for an early sunrise. I got wicked photos, so you want to see?"

Everyone agrees and wants to see it, and soon the phone comes to me. He holds the phone in front of me and I look up at him after examining the photo. "It's pretty, Harvey" I mumbled, looking up at him and making eye contact for a few seconds.

I watch as his pupils dilate and his Adam's apple moves, "T—Thanks, Dawn." He clears his throat.

I look away and let the blush creep up to my cheeks, but say nothing as the waiter comes over and takes our order.