CHAPTER TWENTY THREE.

━━ Calum Hood.
April Eighth. ━━

"You are not listening to me." I repeated, "Maya is not a stable human being. She left my daughter with a drug addict who pretended to be her mom for basically her whole life. That's abandonment. Not to mention, Maya was a drug addict and in jail for five years of Dawn's life." I narrowed my eyes, "And, I have a restraining order on her. This is illegal."

The two police officers exchanged a look.

"We understand your frustration. And, yes you're right. This is illegal, however her attorney has requested that she spend time with Dawn to see how this is going. Maya deserves that."

I clenched my jaw, "Maya has done unspeakable things to not only me, but others. I refuse to let my daughter around her. I will die before I let my daughter experience what I did for five years of my life." I said, "She's probably still a drug addict, no doubt."

"She's been clean for two years, Dr. Hood."

"Then why is she acting fucking psycho?" I asked, raising my voice and glancing over at my daughter who looked confused and mildly uncomfortable with Maya asking her so many questions.

"Maya is a mother. It's an instinct when a mother is denied to see her daughter. I would be acting psycho too." One of the officers said.

"Okay, who are you to be saying this shit to me?" I ask.

"Officers. We have authority, sir. We will do everything in our power to get Maya to have her daughter, and not you." One of the officers raised his voice too.

The second officer widened his eyes, and turned to him. "You can get in trouble for saying that shit, now you're in deep shit."

"Get the fuck away from me."

Luckily, they left without a fight. And I knew I was going to report the officer's behavior, because that was unacceptable and I know that they aren't allowed to say that.

They wouldn't be saying that If they also went through five years of Manipulation, Physical and Verbal abuse, and everything with it.

━━ Dawn Graham,
April Eighth. ━━

"Have you had your first kiss yet? Do you have a boyfriend?"

I felt uncomfortable with her. "No." I laughed awkwardly.

She then put a hand on my shoulder, smiling. "I'm going to get you out of here, okay? You won't have to deal with the four douchebags anymore. I am going to be here now."

"I—" I paused, severely confused. "You don't need to."

She looked shocked and taken back, "You don't have to lie to me. They aren't in this room. I know how Calum treats people, Dawn."

"Calum is fine. I love it here. I don't appreciate you trying to put words in my mouth like this, because it's not true. Aren't you the one who left me with the psycho?" I shot at her.

"Excuse me?" She laughed. "You need to learn some manners," Then, she grabbed hold of my wrist tightly and I began to panic. "You will not talk to your mother like that again, do you hear me?"

"Let go of me, psycho—"

She tightened her grip, "Do you hear me?"

"Yes!" I gasped at the pain, "I hear you!"

She let go of my wrist. I saw she left indents in my wrist and I winced, "Good girl."

━━ Michael Clifford,

April Eighth. ━━

"Times up." I said, walking into Dawn's hospital room and observing Dawn and Maya.

Dawn looked terrified, and Maya looked happy. "What the fuck happened in here?"

"Nothing, right Dawn?"

"N—Nothing."