CHAPTER THREE.

━━ Dawn Graham.
February Twelfth. ━━

I shoot myself up out of my bed, drenched in sweat on my back and tears already streaming down my face. I gasp and gasp, and each single time it shoots pain through my chest.

My head pounds, and I continue to gasp for air. I shove the covers off of me, and rush out into the bathroom across the hall, falling onto my knees and leaning over the toilet.

I threw up.

Quickly, my mom rushes into the bathroom fast. "Dawn, what the fuck?"

I go to respond to her, but I end up throwing up. I threw up everything I've eaten today, along with my stomach acid.

"Oh my god, Is there blood in your throw up? Fuck, Okay." My mom helps me up, "Let's get you to the hospital."

━━

I was completely miserable. I was sitting on the hospital bed with a trash can in front of me; puking every ten minutes.

"Did you eat something you shouldn't have?" My mom hissed, "Did you take something you shouldn't have?"

I roll my eyes and shake my head, "No, mom."

"Speak up at dawn, I hate it when you mumble." She snaps.

"no mom." I say a little louder, "I didn't eat something I shouldn't have, nor did I take something I shouldn't have."

Before she could argue back at me, the door opens and reveals a tall, broad doctor. He has blonde hair, and the brightest blue eyes ever that you could see from a mile away.

He grins at me and my mom, showing me his dimples on his cheeks.

"You must be Dawn! I like your name." He compliments. "My name is Doctor. Hemmings, but you can call me Luke If you'd like; might make you feel more comfortable." He chuckles.

I smile at his caringness. "Thank you."

"No problem. Alright. So the chart here says you have a pretty high fever, the color in your face has gone and you've thrown up multiple times. Is this correct?"

"That's correct." I nod.

"Did you eat anything that has ever upset your stomach in the past? Maybe something you're allergic to, or something expired?"

"No, Not that I know of. I forgot to eat dinner due to tests and stuff going on at school." I answered. "Could that be It?"

"I'm not entirely sure." He exhales, "How about we get some blood work done."

I chewed the inside of my cheek, remembering my giant distaste for needles and getting my blood work done.

"Okay Dawn, take a big deep breath in for me. Relax your muscles." Luke says, grabbing the IV needle.

I nodded, chewing the inside of my cheek harder. He put the iv in, got some blood, and took it back out.

He gently puts a bandaid on the small incision and stands up. "Go ahead and wait here, This might take a while."

"Thank you doctor." My mom says.

Once he's gone and out of earshot, she turns to me with an angry expression. "You're acting fine."

"'Cause I don't feel disgusting right now." I say.

"So basically there's no reason I brought you here?" She narrows her eyes.

"I wasn't the one who wanted to come here, you were." I argued back, "I don't want to be here just as much as you do, Mom."

"Stop it with the attitude, Dawn Eloise." She demands.

Instead of arguing with her, I lean back into the bed and take a big deep breath. Hoping that the doctor would come back faster.

About an hour later, Doctor. Hemmings enters the room again with a clipboard. "Hello again, sorry that took so long."

"Don't worry, Doctor." My mom says.

"The tests say you're extremely dehydrated, and show signs of major exhaustion. So, My advice is to try and drink a lot more water, and get some much needed rest." He says, "I'm going to write you a school excuse for two days so you can catch up on sleep."

"Thank you so much." I thank him.

"Of course." He turns to my mom, "May I speak to you for a moment?"

She nodded and stood up, following Luke out of the room and walked away. I watched as people passed the hospital room. Different doctors and patients. But one person happened to catch my eye.

He had a smile on his face, along with a tattoo on the arm that was facing my room. He had curly hair, and dark brown eyes. (Much like mine). And he was tan. The reason he stuck out to me, is because he looked so similar to myself.

For some reason, as I tried to think of other things besides the man who just passed my hospital room, I just couldn't. His image stuck with me.

Before I could stress myself out some more, my mom walked in with a very angry expression on her face.

"Grab your shit, and let's go."