CHAPTER SIX.

━━ Dawn Graham,
February Twenty-Fourth. ━━

It was odd around the house now. My mom was extremely cautious. She didn't let me leave the house for three days, not even school being an exception.

She wasn't herself.

Why would doctors show up at your house anyway? There's got to be a reason, correct?

"Dawn, are you listening?"

The Guidance Counselor had called me fifteen minutes prior because of my lack of attention in my classes lately. I didn't want to be here.

"What?" I replied, playing and spinning the ring on my middle finger anxiously.

"What's going on?" She asked, "Normally you're outgoing. Did something happen at home?"

I shook my head, not wanting to speak because I knew if I did, I'd end up in tears. She exhaled, and I assumed she had given up on getting me to speak. Then, she put a sheet of paper in front of me.

"What is this?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I have a group every Tuesday and Thursday, and I think it would be a great thing for you, Dawn." She slid a form across to me. "Your mom can sign."

I wanted to scream in her face and tell her that I didn't need any help from anyone, especially not a shitty school counselor who only told you to get some rest.

"My moms not gonna sign." I told her.

"What about your dad?"

My heart skipped a beat when the word 'dad' came out of her mouth. I anxiously cleared my throat, "He's not in the picture."

"I'm sorry?"

"I said, he's not in the picture." I snapped, raising my voice a level higher so she could hear how angry I was that she even asked that.

School counselors are so inconsiderate. they never consider that maybe someone doesn't have both parents present, and make someone's day maybe a little shittier than it was before.

Her face went into realization, but exhaled. "Just— Please, talk to your mom for me."

I frustratedly grabbed the papers and shoved them into my backpack, "Yeah whatever." I snorted, walking out of her office.

I felt myself tear up, but blinked them away as I realized she took up all of my lunch time and time to eat.

fucking bitch.

I took a deep breath and put one headphone in as I walked to my biology class across the school. the song, Damage by the band camino playing in my eardrums.

━━ calum hood.
February twenty fourth. ━━

"And, you're all done!" I said to the teenage boy. "Unfortunately, no soccer until these stitches are out, Okay? Your mom will find a date to get them taken out, and the instructions on how to take a shower with stitches are in your discharge papers."

He nodded and smiled at me, thanking me for my work. He walked out of the room with his mom, and as he did; Luke walked in.

"Calum," he said. "We've found more information on the woman who is holding your daughter." He mumbled, "It's not very good information though."

"Let's go to Ashton's office." I said, walking past Luke. He followed me as we went up the hallway and into Ashton's office; where he sat with Michael on his laptop.

"Hi Cal," Michael greeted me.

"Hi Mike. What have you guys got?"

"Well, we found that the woman who's holding your daughter has a past of drug abuse, and physical abuse. She has been in jail a couple of times, and we got word she is also maya's friend."

"Fuck!" I swear angrily.

"She has two kids, Dawn and Aiden Graham."