CHAPTER FOURTY.

━━ Third Person,
July Seventh. ━━

The euphoric moment played in her mind like a looped video that you can't get enough of.

"Dawn, will you please be my Girlfriend?"

Yeah, it happened. After a long time of Harvey pacing his room, going onto pinterest and searching 'best ways to ask someone to be yours' he did it. He asked Dawn to be his Girlfriend.

Dawn couldn't believe her eyes or ears when she heard him say it— after a minute of shock, she said yes.

So now, Harvey and Dawn were sitting in Dawn's bedroom— it was Twelve O' Four AM, and they were having their first sleepover. Without Calum knowing.

"Tell me your biggest secret."

Harvey's flushed fingers ran up and down Dawn's back as she laid on her stomach, listening to Harvey talk. She felt like a cloud.

"I had a horrible childhood." Dawn says in a joke way.

She did have a horrible childhood, but she didn't want Harvey to know everything. No one except her knows everything.

"you've mentioned, Sweetheart." Harvey chuckled, grabbing Dawn's waist and pulling her into him closer, feeling protective over the delicate girl in his arms. "Wanna hear my biggest secret?"

Dawn was laid on his chest, her arm flung across his stomach area while Harvey's hands danced along her waist, making her sleepy.

"Sure."

"I need a nightlight to sleep." He blushed.

Dawn felt a wave of overwhelment come over her; that fact being the absolute cutest thing she'd ever heard.

"You're so adorable." Dawn mumbled, smiling with her eyes closed. Harvey let a small smile tug at his lips, looking down at the smiling girl.

"Yeah?" He whispered, drawing a circle on her bare waist.

"Yeah." She blushed.

Harvey held her closer, if that was even possible, and watched as her breathing became slower and he noticed her yawn a couple of times.

"Are you sleepy?" Harvey asked, pulling away from her for a moment. "I kind of am."

Even though Dawn was very tired, she was up in an instant. He watched as she walked over to her cubbies where a little container was. She opened it, and it revealed a night light.

Harvey blushed when he saw what she had.

She's setting up a night-light. He thought. For me.

Dawn plugged it into an outlet that was very visible to the eye, and smiled. "There!"

Harvey admired her, "Thank you, Honey." Harvey felt like he could cry. "Come here, love."

Dawn crawled back onto the bed, and Harvey wrapped his arms around her delicate waist once again. Dawn rested her chin on his left shoulder as he rubbed her back as gently as he could.

"Thank you for the nightlight, Sweetheart." He whispered in her ear.

Dawn shivered at the sound of his whisper, but nodded. "Of course. Are you ready to sleep?"

"Yeah."

They both moved out of their hug, and Dawn grabbed Harvey's phone, as well as hers, and put them on charge and on Dawn's bedside table.

Harvey got under the covers and opened his arms, waiting for Dawn to crawl into his embrace. She snuggled up into his chest.

And that night, Harvey Shiloh and Dawn Graham fell asleep with the comfort of each other.