CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

━━ Dawn Graham.
April Fourth. ━━

Unfortunately, Noelle talked me into trying out without her. Her parents were picking us up after and taking us to get pretzel bites, so it's okay. For now.

"Ouch," I whine as Noelle puts my hair into an extremely tight ponytail. "Does it have to be this tight?"

"It's cheerleading, of course it does." Noelle laughs softly. "After we leave, my parents are taking us for pretzels and then you're hanging out at my house, correct?"

"As far as I know." I nod, standing up after Noelle patted my shoulder. "Do I look okay?"

"You look perfect. Now go on, I'll be up in the bleachers cheering you on.'' She smiles wide. "Kick ass, Dawn."

I smile back at her and start toward the field, where I see about ten girls signing in. I take a big breath and approach the table.

"Welcome! Can I please have your name?" A girl behind the table asked.

"Dawn Graham."

"I see, okay." she nods. "Go stand over there."

She points to a certain spot in between girls and I begin over there, suddenly feeling a wave of insecurity rush over me.

"Alright ladies! Let's begin."

━━ Three Hours Later. ━━

To say that I was exhausted was a hundred percent understatement. I was sore, tired, and just beyond done.

"Alright, we are all done. I hope to see all of you here tomorrow for results.'' The captain smiles sweetly at us.

I yawned, covering my mouth and started toward where Noelle stood with my water bottle. The second I got there, I grabbed it and hugged my water bottle.

"Damn," Noelle laughed. "Are you okay?"

I nodded and closed my eyes.

"You did great!" She clapped, holding my bag over her shoulder. "I know you're gonna get in, I have no doubt about it."

"I hope you're right."

"Oh honey, I'm never wrong." She winks and leads me to her parents' car. When we approached the car, I felt scared.

What if they hate me? What if I don't look good enough?

"Hi Noelle and noelles friend!" Her dad gasped as Noelle opened the door, "Hi, I'm Richard."

I smiled at him, "Hi! I'm Dawn, Noelle's friend."

"It's very nice to meet you at dawn. Noelle speaks very highly of you." He grins as we both buckle up in our seats. "Now let's get home. Shall we?"

━━ calum hood,
April fourth. ━━

"Is she done with cheerleading tryouts?" I ask Ashton as I scrub out of my surgery I just did. "Has she texted you yet?"

"No she hasn't.'' Ashton hummed, and a yawn followed his yawn.

"Damn, she got a ride home from her friend, correct?" I ask, hoping Ashton knew the answer to that question.

"I assume so," He shrugs. I bit the inside of my cheek and texted her.

calum
did you get home safely?

dawn:)
yeah.

calum
tired?

dawn:)
tired is an understatement. i'm sore.

calum
i'll be home soon, we can ice the sore
spots. how's that sound?

dawn:)
amazing.

"Did you get an answer?" Ashton asked, washing his hands.

"She says she is sore and tired,'' I frown sympathetically. "I told her I'd ice the sore spots once I get home."

"Poor girl." Ashton frowns as well.