CHAPTER ONE.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

━━ Dawn Graham,
February Ninth. ━━

"Come on, Dawn!" My mom shouted as she swung open my Bedroom door, and knocked loudly on it. "Hurry and get the fuck up Dawn, I mean it."

When she leaves, I roll my eyes dramatically and get up off my bed. I grab my glasses and push them up on my face, making my way down my staircase.

"Finally!" She grumbled, "Do me a favor and make Breakfast for your Brother, Please."

"Isn't he capable of making his own Breakfast?" I raise my eyebrow.

"It's possible, but you're a Girl. You make the food for the men." She snarled, making me scrunch my face up.

Sexsist son of a bitch. I thought to myself.

I slowly started to make a sandwich for my brother as I heard my mom upstairs, stomping around in her bedroom. Soon, she came downstairs— Looking like she was in a cheery mood.

"G'morning, Mom." I greeted her with a small smile. She turned to me with a small smile on her face as well.

"Hi, Dawn." She greeted me, "Can you take Tucker out?"

I nodded, stepping away from my sandwich making to let my dog, Tucker, who was whining at the backdoor out. He ran outside and I watched him for a moment with a smile on my face.

"Get on with it, Dawn. Your Brother will be downstairs in a moment." She rushed me.

I quickly continued making my seventeen year old Brother his sandwich. "I work from Eight AM to One AM tonight." She tells me with a trace of annoyance in her voice, "I expect to come Home to a spotless house, Dawn."

"Yes, Ma'am." I said quietly.

She smiles, satisfied with my response. She then grabs her Car keys, Coffee, and says a small goodbye before walking out the door. I let out a breath that I'd been holding in and rubbed my face with one hand.

As I was doing that, I heard footsteps come down the stairs.

"Morning," My older Brother walks in, but makes a face when he looks at me. "Oh gosh, You look like you've been hit by a semi-truck, Dawn."

"Wow, Thanks Aiden." I roll my eyes.

He realized what he had said and tried to take it back, "No! No, I didn't mean It like that! You look super pale; like sick pale, Are you okay?"

I raise my eyebrow, "Do I?"

"Yeah. Have you gotten enough sun?" He asks, Coming closer and touching my forehead with the back of his hand. "Hm. I mean, You feel fine." He grins and ruffles my hair, "Hurry up! You're gonna be late. Love you."

I smiled at him before rushing out the front door and beginning the walk to my High School. I walk to school most of the time. It's a nice walk, Especially during fall and spring. It's also not far from where I live.

I rush inside my School, and swipe my ID card to get in my school. I rushed down the hallway and tried to make it to my first class before anyone else did.

I made it to my first period and greeted my English teacher, Mrs. Jones. "Good morning." I said, sitting down at my desk.

"Good morning Dawn! How was your weekend?" She smiles, throwing my 'Goodmorning Granola-bar' She's had given me since the beginning of Freshman year.

"It was alright," I shrug. "I took Tucker for a couple walks."

"That's great to hear! I love hearing about Tucker," She gets up and throws away trash that she had in her hand. "Oh! By the way, Did you hear that some Doctors are coming to our school and giving presentations during the second and third period?"

"Didn't they do that last year, Though?"

"Apparently they do it every year." Mrs. Jones shrugs her shoulders gently

"Oh. Okay, Thanks for letting me know." I smile at her and hear the bell ring, signaling that the class was about to begin.