CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

━━ Dawn Graham,
April Third. ━━

To be completely honest, I didn't necessarily hate school.

"My god! My mom won't pay me rightfully for my money from chores." Noelle complains, playing on her phone. "Hey, why don't I hear about your mom?"

I shrugged, not looking in her direction. "I just don't talk about her much, I guess."

"Oh." she brought her lips into a fine line, "I see. Anyways, my mom is here to pick me up. Can you walk me down to your front door?"

I got up and nodded, helping her father with her things and bringing her down the staircase. "Bye, Noelle."

"Bye, Dawn! Don't forget what I told you." She winks before leaving my front door area and skipping away.

I exhale. Noelle mentioned that we should try out for cheerleading, which I didn't mind but I'm not sure how well I'll be at being flexible and cheering for my school. don't get me wrong, I'd love to try out! But I don't think being a cheerleader is for me.

"Tell you what?" A voice appeared.

I jumped and spun around quickly, seeing Ashton leaned up against a wall with his arms crossed and eating a donut.

"Don't you think you could announce that you're there before scaring the crap out of me?" I breathe out heavily.

"Sorry," He apologized.

"It's fine. Noelle just wants me to try out for my school's cheerleading team, but I don't want to because it's not really for me.'' I will explain.

"You'd make a great cheerleader, Dawn." Ashton nods, rubbing his hands together to get the crumbs off.

I shrug lightly, "Meh."

"Well hello you two," Calum and Luke walk into the kitchen. Luke sits down on the stool and Calum grabs a water bottle. "What are you two talking about?"

"Dawn is thinking about joining cheerleading!" Ashton chirps.

Before they could say anything else, I interrupted. "I said, I wasn't really gonna think about it."

"How come?" Calum raises his eyebrow. "You'd be great."

"I just–" I paused. "–It all seems too complicated. aren't I a little too tall to join cheerleading?" I mumble, sitting down next to Luke.

"No, you're average height I'd say." Luke says, his eyes on the mail in front of him. "You should at least try, D."

"I guess." I frown, "Let's talk about something else."

Ashton nods, "So! What are we all thinking about for dinner? We can do pizza, or vegan chicken nuggets, just to ease us off."