CHAPTER SEVEN.

━━ Dawn Graham
March-Second. ━━

Today was just not my day. My outfit was horrible, my hair wasn't hairing, and my makeup was awful. And, to top it all off, my head was hurting.

"Can this day go any worse?" I mumbled.

━━ Geometry,
Twelve-Forty PM. ━━

I don't talk about my brother a lot of the time. He and I were close when we were younger, but due to my mom's favoritism to Aiden and her hatred to me, we drifted apart.

My mom was a drug addict, and she would get physical a lot of the time. Aiden would protect me the best he could, and I appreciated him for that.

I twirled my pen around my fingers, and watched as everyone did their homework. I stopped doing my homework a long time ago, but snapped out of zoning out when my teacher's phone rang.

"Yes! I'll send her right down." The teacher smiles and stands up. "Dawn? Grab your things, you're getting picked up."

Picked up? I thought to myself.

I rushed to gather my things and ran out of the classroom and down the empty hallway. When I entered the front office, the office lady's eyes brightened. "Good morning, Dawn! Go ahead and have a seat for me."

"Why am I here?" I asked confusingly.

"The Police are on their way to pick you up is all I know." She said.

"W–What— The Police? Am I in trouble?'' I say, worried. I start to think of everything I've done in the past couple of weeks.

"Oh, no! No, you're not in any trouble dear. I'm not sure why they're on their way, but just sit tight. I'm about to call your brother down."

"Oh." I mumble, sitting down in one of the chairs. I set my backpack in front of me while I waited.

A few minutes later, Aiden walks in with his things and a confused face when he looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Aiden Graham! Hello dear, take a seat next to your sister whilst we wait for your ride." The lady says, motioning to the seat next to me.

As Aiden sits down, he turns to me about to say something— but I speak first. "What's going on?"

He shrugs. "I don't know and moms are not answering my calls or texts. She has never picked us up, and she's the only emergency contact in both of our records."

"Fuck." I mumble, slumping into my seat.

After about ten minutes of waiting, two Police men walk into the office. They both look at us and smile gently.

"Hello, we're here for Aiden and Dawn Graham." One says.

"They are right there," the front desk lady says, pointing to us. "Time to go, kiddos."

Aiden leans over to me with a smirk, "What did you do?"

"Oh, fuck you."